Everton Vs Arsenal (PL)

I think our CBs were ok. We have some problems down the flanks.

1 Like

Brady, is this you? lol

Quite surprised at the general positivity prior to this game, it always felt like a loss. Gabriel at RB might be OK but partnering Koscielny is asking for trouble. The last minutes of the game were frantic. Everton clearing off the line and we should have had a penalty in all honesty even though it was undeserved. By the way Ozil was marking Williams on the corner and he simply didn’t fight for that ball and it is a mistake to involve him in defending set pieces.

Despite the loss I think we are unlikely to lose to City. Might actually win.

1 Like

I think alot of the people underestimate the importance of rotation. It was on my agenda at the start of the season as something Wenger should improve on.

The rotation since the start of the season has been shocking, Wenger hasn’t shown any signs of consideration in light of the upcoming busy Christmas schedule at all. Ozil and Alexis have been overplayed. Expect them to go again on Sunday

2 Likes

I think Bellerin had an off night to be honest more than anyone else in the back four. Certainly most of our attacking thrusts came on the left flank with Monreal quite involved, and doing well to bring the ball up the pitch. By contrast the cross for the first goal came from Bellerin’s side (and yes it should have been marked better inside the box, but better still to prevent or at least hamper the ball coming in), and I felt he got caught out of postion a few times.

1 Like

[quote=“Gladiator, post:82, topic:1016”]
Brady, is this you? lol
[/quote]I was waiting for someone to say something like that :campbell: His argument though was more for FKs. I always feel you gotta have someone at the post in corners. Seems like basic defending strategy to me.

You were the only person to call it in the polls. No wonder you’re a dab hand on the old betting :slight_smile:

Just as the chelsea win didn’t mean we were winning the league, the Everton loss doesn’t mean we aren’t winning it.

Koeman is a decent manager and Everton have been solid at home. We take learnings from this, regroup and move forward. Rough with the smooth and all that.

In the MDC (or maybe the board itself) some one mentioned that Chelsea would have to lose at some point, and that sentiment obviously was going to ring true for us at some point too. All in all, a poor performance, and a shame we couldn’t capitalise and go top for a moment, but it isn’t the end of the season, let alone the end of the world.

I however say this comforted by three large glasses of wine and a few smokes; so, yeah. Ffs arsenal.

1 Like

[quote=“Mysty, post:85, topic:1016, full:true”]

We could have used a Ozil at the post, he was quite useless in the box.

Funny you should mention betting. I swear I don’t even feel bad about making this bet. :grin: Cashed out in injury time.

2 Likes

Tidy bet. Was 156 the full amount or could it have been more if you didn’t cash out?

Yeah you did say and as good as Chelsea have been they’re helped by the fact that they aren’t competing in the CL so get plenty of rest and Costa and his jammy hamstrings don’t get put through the ringer.

Does make it more impressive that we were keeping the pace and ended up finishing top of our group but seems like it’s all catching up with us now.

With that said the team didn’t cover themselves in glory.

1 Like

It was 168, just multiply th stake by the odds to see the full profit of the bet.

only Kos can really hold his head up with pride in his performance, everyone else well below form, Ozil pretty much absent again away

Granit + Coq not looking a pairing that works

ah nice one!! I did consider it, but, you know. Effort.

:ambulance:

medic for Arsene.

Koeman really hates Wenger. Dutch cunt. I hope Klopp sticks 5 up your ass on monday.

what is the ref supposed to have done?

Haha tell him Ronald.

I heard complaints about the lack of pen at the end?

Again, heard only from radio, so I have no idea. But my sense was that Everton edged it and put a lot more pressure on us than we did in second half… seems like they deserved it.

SERIOUSLY MAN.

You let the badge down. You let your let yourselves down. But most of all, you let Atom and Humber down. FUCKERS.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d guess it was the Sanchez penalty call at the end during all the madness.

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/lz1l.mp4?token=1482877986_aeebadaf7eb035663be63afb3bf825707945bb64