Everton Vs Arsenal (PL)

The issue of no man on the post is something I’ve been screaming about forever, and we continually lose points because of it.

This zonal system is a disaster imo. Not only do we give the attackers a running head start whilst we are static, we of course don’t pick them up individually and on top of that we don’t have anyone on the post. Now surely if we aren’t going to tell our players to man mark, we should at least be putting them in positions to save our skin if need be. It just seems so stupid to me.

2 Likes

Have to apologise for my deluded prediction of 4-1. Shit performance from us but it’s our first loss since the opening day. Need to keep positive and we’ll beat City.

2 Likes

I’d love to see another angle on that, looks suspect to me and Clattenburg had no interest of course…

beat City? we couldn’t beat Spurs Man U Boro PSG Everton why should we beat City?

3 Likes

they have somewhat decent defenses

Well we did beat Chelsea 3-0 as well…

1 Like

before the formation change.

so yeah…

Exacto. City will fall; we will prosper.

I think your prediction was always going to fuck up the moment you wanted ox brought on tbh :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

9:35 in this. Howard Webb goes through it at multiple angles. He concludes it’s not a penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDDHV-hGoL4&feature=youtu.be

and before Santi went missing

1 Like

As usual when we lose we gift teams goals. Two free headers and half the fanbase has no issue with it.
Then we have the Ox and Theo no show when it matters. As for saying its not over it is for me. Every chance Chelsea are 7 or 9 points clear by sunday and we wont pull that back.
We lost to a very ordinary side tonight.
It was very obvious why their on a bad run and we failed misreably.
Still let the deluded belive that Welbeck and Wilshire next year will turn it all around.
Granted its been a decent run after the opening day but the bars been raised this season and defeats like tonight will cost us.

1 Like

It’s kind of amazing that we’ve been so good prior to today and yet still could be 9 points back within 5 days. At that point, Chelsea will be laughing. We still have to go to their place and the pressure will be on us way more. Terrible result today.

1 Like

Having seen it from that angle it looks like a good call to be fair.

Webb does say that we were unlucky because the corner that led to the corner they scored from wasn’t actually a corner but should’ve been a goal kick to Le Arse.

DOC. Your photo, have you seen it? Is it even out!?

Not out. Just a cool as heck poster imo. :slight_smile: and I’m really, really looking forward to it.

Yeah big time. Honestly haven’t seen a poster make me this excited for a film in years, great choice.

1 Like

what’s the film? :slight_smile: @Oliver @Persona

3 Likes

Never has one poster, been so fucking awesome.

Edit: THE EVENT THAT SHAPED OUR WORLD. :grimacing: