Everton Vs Arsenal (PL)

What is it with Wenger and fucking Koeman and Mourinho FFS these shitbags cant win to save their fucking lives but of course win against us…fucking typical shit!

This is what you get for trusting Theo and Ox.

Ozil and Alexis mostly garbage today both looked jaded, not surprising - The lack of rotation of those two has been pretty poor from Wenger.

4 Likes

Özil was shambolic to be fair, he doesn’t normally put a foot wrong but a massive chance plus some awful passing from him could have been the difference tonight.

1 Like

Annoying aint it.

Everton are one of THOSE teams. Despite our amazing win percentage record against Everton I’ve never attended a Goodison Park game confident of winning in my life, due to them being infamous ‘game-raising c*nts’

3 Likes

Was always coming. There’s no title race for this team.

2 Likes

Manchester City to end their poor spell against us aswell. :sleeping::sleeping:

2 Likes

Exactly. Deserved defeat, but i don’t complain at all, since we hadn’t been lost since august. Maybe it’s a good wake up call for the weekend.

1 Like

Strange game really. We looked so much better in the first 20 minutes and duly got our goal. But after that, we just sat back and encouraged Everton to go forward. Conceding before HT was a blow.

But really throughout we just didn’t have an end product. Lots of passing but not enough players in the box. Too much differing around with the ball.

Also, why was there no one on the damn post when Everton scored that winner? Ugh. Suppose this unbeaten run was never going to last, but it’s frustrating when you need to keep the pressure up and we fell back into some bad habits. Seems like Wenger’s developing the kinda hoodoo with Koeman, like he suffers with Mourinho

Boy do we need to up our game on Sunday.

1 Like

Crunch time and they crumble like wet tissue.

We needed at least 4 points from this game and City and now it’s perfectly possible we get just the one if any at all.

This team has gone 11 WITHOUT a win and we are out here making Christmas donations, it’ so frustrating and just down right piss poor.

3 Likes

Rather predictable. But yeah. All is well.

2 Likes

I’m literally devastated.

Genuinely was starting to think there was something different about this Arsenal squad. Fucking GG and A4TT polluting my mind with hope and the prospect of shiny things.

3 Likes

What does that say that going unbeaten since the start of the season and losing against a team low on confidence without a win in 11 is predictable?

Some very sloppy passing, no imagination or creativity when faced with 2 banks of 4 in the oppositions half.
Though we didn’t look shit, it was not a good performance. you could see both of Everton’s goals coming, where as i couldn’t see where ours would come from.
Ultimately, Özil’s missed chances, and some sloppy defending cost us.

2 Likes

Koeman and Mourinho has wengers number that is what makes it predictable, because wenger never changes his gameplan and they know they can beat him with what he constantly does so he plays into their hands every fucking season! They both play the same fucking way…park the bus hit hard on the counter and Wenger STILL has not fucking figured this out and how to deal with it!

Haven’t seen a shit 2nd half like this for quite a while…
We were just asking Everton to take the game

Hate to play the “I told you so” card but we paid for not rotating. Everton has a smaller squad and rotated four players including both wingers and their 10, while we rotated one, really only because Wenger’s hand was forced by injury. No surprise they had more energy, and of course they had the advantage in that respect anyway playing at home and not having played midweek last week. We couldn’t get on top of the match because they were a bit quicker to every ball after we went ahead. Away match at a boisterous ground, slightly jaded players with the other team fresher, manager won’t rotate - great recipe for losing in this league.

1 Like

Had to listen via radio b/c of work… FFS Arsenal… points dropped like this are bound to cost us…

1 Like

If Ozil scores that sitter (for him) then it’s 0-2 and we probably go onto win the game (1-2 of course as we don’t do clean sheets).

So thin margins, but you can say again that we rely heavily on the two world classers, but below them have to pull their weight and if they don’t, as a team we’re pretty average IMO. Ozil was sub-par, but needed much more today from the supporting cast: particularly Walcott, Oxlade and Xhaka.

5 Likes

Ozil was dissapointing today. Sanchez also not his best, though he buzzed around as he always does. I felt Gabriel did quite alright, and not sure that having Mustafi in there would necessarily have prevented either of those goals. We need to buy a clean sheet from somewhere because its’ looking like conceding has become a habit, and we’re not always going to score 3 or 4.

Players definitely looked jaded but I think it would be hard to argue against that starting 11. Maybe Perez deserves a go in place of Ox/Iwobi? I wonder if that would cost us too much in terms of buildup play. Giroud ought to get a few starts some time soon I feel, we really can’t expect Alexis to be playing 50 odd games a season, even if he wants to. Ozil I think would merit a rest even more, but theres’ no clear replacement for him whatsoever.

Radio commentators made it out like Gabriel was calamitous… was that true? Koss was boss again from what I heard. Any other noteworthy performances?