Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

Have to take it all with a grain of salt but the notion of being the embodiment of Wenger values is not the right way to approach this.

3 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

Fantastic !

Wow! A SPL for him! :hipster:

It seems you havent been struck by Artetaritis yet. I can PM you some pics of his wife if you are interested.

3 Likes

Wenger-lite inbound

This club never ceases to amaze.

We just want someone who will be happy with a limited transfer budget, be grateful for the opportunity and hopefully pull a rabbit out of the hat

3 Likes

I can’t wait for “Who would you like to replace Mikel Arteta” 18 months from now.

3 Likes

With big Wenga :arteta:

I know who she is :wink:

1 Like

AKBs v MOBs

:grin:

3 Likes

Love your optimism.

7 Likes

Telegraph | Ivan Gazidis is overseeing the recruitment process and believes that Arteta embodies the Wenger values that the club

What does that even mean.
The Wenger values, as well as the boards clearly don’t work.

How can a multi millionaire American businessman have anything to do with the values of a famous, historical London club?

What Gazidis is basically saying is we are going to carry on doing everything on the cheap and make even more money for Kroenke.

2 Likes

We’ve spent £110m on centre forwards in the last two windows, that’s not exactly doing things on the cheap really.

While making a transfer profit

Style of play, use youth/young players and the gentlemen thing. I think he gave those reasons at the press conference. Or I read them somewhere.

We also sold Szczesney £10m, Chamberlain £35m, Gibbs £7m, Giroud £20m, Walcott £20m, which is almost 100m.

Considering we waited more than five seasons for the panic buy of Aubameyang, I call that cheap.

1 Like

I think we used to have those values and I think Wenger certainly did, but now he’s gone and we aren’t at Highbury with the marble halls and the history that went with it, we are like any other club with a greedy foreign owner.

Being cheap would have been not spending all that money and making between 50 and 100 million more in profit than we did, by only buying Laca or getting someone even cheaper. Like we would have done when we really were being cheap. Things have clearly changed somewhat since then.

2 Likes