Theo Walcott

:cech: Drugs are very bad :wink:

2 Likes

We would even won the Champions League :hipster:

2 Likes

You fundamentally misunderstand what prolific means in footballing terms if you believe that. But you donā€™t, youā€™re just trolling of course.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s a fair point to make, if Theo averages a goal or assist more often than pires did then thatā€™s not too shabby is it? Pointing that out doesnā€™t mean your saying Theo is better than pires

1 Like

Robert Pires scored 62 league goals for Arsenal in 189 appearances. Theo Walcott has scored 65 league goals in 264 appearances.

Twist things however you like but their names donā€™t even belong in the same sentence.

11 Likes

Notice I said IF in the post above yours, Although minutes played would make these figures a lot closer

Do you know how many goals/assists pires averaged per minutes played by any chance?

1 Like

I was going to point out those exact statistics @JakeyBoy but didnā€™t bother as its obviously just a poor attempt at trolling by @BigWeng_4LYFE

1 Like

I wasnā€™t replying to your post specifically and no, I donā€™t have goals and assists per minute for Pires, I have no idea if such reliable statistical information exists for as far back as the early 2000s.

My point is just that putting the two in the same sentence in such a fashion to imply that Walcott is better than he is is just pure fanboyism, boring trolling.

1 Like

If people are insisting Walcott is absolute dog shit I think itā€™s fair to point out that his goals/assists ratio strands up to comparison with a player that was so good for us their is a common trope for straight male arsenal fans to pretend they are gay for him

Again thatā€™s not saying he is as good a player as pires itā€™s just saying lay off the guy and the critism dosent stand up to scrutiny

1 Like

Whoā€™s saying heā€™s complete dog shit ? Iā€™m of the thinking that most Arsenal fans think heā€™s a decent impact player when used sparingly. But yeah heā€™s complete dog shit in comparison to Robert Pires, who was the best winger in the Premier League for a good 3 years and one of the top 3 or 4 in Europe.

1 Like

This is where stats start to ruin football discussions. There is simply no comparison between Pires and Theo yet someone like A4TT will try to make the comparison based on stats without factoring in the fact that Pires played on the wings in a traditional 4-4-2 whilst Theo has played as nothing other than an advanced forward in 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1.

And it also doesnā€™t factor in how useless some the goals and assists a player scores can actually be. Player A might have grabbed a key goal or assist in a season defining game but thatā€™s mitigated by Player B scoring in back to back games against relegation fodder long after it became apparent we arenā€™t title contenders anymore.

Simply using stats to try to support your argument is very flawed. Most people will never accept Theo is anything other than a decent player because of what weā€™ve seen over the last decade.

3 Likes

Theo actually is probably our most reliable big game goal scorer.

2 Likes

Theo is probably our most reliable big game goal scorer.

1 Like

You do realise Sanchez has scored in our last 4 cup games at Wembley right ?

5 Likes

Comparing Theo to Pires :joy:

8 Likes

Whatā€™s hilarious about Walcott is how his 2017 fans try and make out that this is some kind of unappreciated hero of the last decade and thereā€™s some kind of agenda against him.

This is without doubt for me the most overrated player of the Wenger era. The majority of fans would blindly sing his name based on nothing, overrate the impact of his pace and overrate his finishing ability.

Itā€™s only in the last few years when weā€™ve had players like Ozil and Sanchez compared to players like Podolski and an aged Rosicky that people have started to see heā€™s clearly a couple of steps below the required level.

A player with the stats he has shouldnā€™t be given up on by his fans, yet the fact that many of us have given up on him should show how disappointing he is. Iā€™ve never really liked him so Iā€™m happy to be called biased, but Iā€™ve watched ordinary fans start to turn on him and itā€™s clear that itā€™s not bias on their part, itā€™s taken a long time but itā€™s what people are seeing with their own eyes. Heā€™s not rated because heā€™s not that good.

9 Likes

Pires was wanted by Real Madrid.

Walcott would be lucky to get a game for Real Oviedo.

5 Likes

Podolskiā€™s better than Ɩzil too :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Jenkinson than Koscielny :wink:

Heā€™s become a scapegoat for our mediocrity. Everyone talks about how crap he is, no one is calling him top draw but heā€™s a good contributer and our second top scorer last year. In 15/16 he was turgid but he did well enough last year. Heā€™s a good rotational player. He has the best movement of any forward in our team.

3 Likes