Theo Walcott

Has Sanchez been more reliable in the big games in the league or CL? Always thought Theo had a fairly decent record in the big games. Certainly would be at least comparable to Sanchez.

2 Likes

We barely ever have any big games in the CL if we are being honest so that ones hard to judge, we play 6 stock standard group games and then as soon as the big games in the knockout stages arrive no one plays well lol.

1 Like

You guy shouldn’t even take the bait.

1 Like

Must resist…

6 Likes

There’s also the obvious issue of goal-scoring climates being drastically different from Pires time here and currently. Which is why people could make comparisons of Giroud’s goals with Arsenal with Henry’s and shit like that.

This comment says it all though, lol, should really have more than one like.

In fairness you have used stats incorrectly, as have I, as have most people.

With the right context stats are never bad, it’s on people such as you that understand this, to highlight the differences and help guide people towards using said stats properly.

If anything I would go the other way and say stats enrich football discussions. It’s personal opinions backed by nothing other than ignorance and tribalism (that a word??) that ruin football discussion.

2 Likes

No I really don’t think I do. Can you explain to me what prolific means in football terms? I only have the Mirriam Webster dictionary not the football one.

Minutes played my friend. Theo is at 17,500 minutes played in English football, FA Cup included. 78 goals and 52 assists. Pires finished at 15,700 minutes with 71 goals and 26 assists. Slice it any way you’d like but what I said is true, Theo has produced more…[quote=“JakeyBoy, post:872, topic:89”]
My point is just that putting the two in the same sentence in such a fashion to imply that Walcott is better than he is is just pure fanboyism, boring trolling.
[/quote]

Nobody implied that Theo Walcott is “better” as you say, if anyone actually read my initial post.

3 Likes

Reading posts? Here? Naw.

3 Likes

Can we not take likes back anymore? I definitely didn’t mean to like that post. :joy:

Looks like I brought you to your senses. :grin:

Barca should probably come in for deadly Theo now that Neymar is on his way out.

10 Likes

DId you not try and just click the heart again? It’s very easy

I’d also like to hear your definition of the word prolific when used in footballing terms please

If Messi had his way that’s just what they’d do :wink:

1 Like

I know how to do it. It isn’t working.

Games played, goals scored, whether the amount scored is high for a player of your position and the amount of seasons elapsed all feed into making someone prolific or not.

Theo has had two seasons where he exceeded expectations in terms of goals etc, Pires did it every season he played here.

If you wanted to judge how prolific someone is I can’t think of a better statistic to use than goal/assists to minutes played, at4tt used the word correctly

If player A averages more goals/assists per minutes of football played than player B then player A is more prolific it’s as simple as that

words mean things and it helps if you actually know what that is before you try and mock someone using that word correctly ffs

2 Likes

If they want to seriously compete with Ronaldo then it’s surely Giroud they need?

5 Likes

If you want to take other thing into account you also have to factor in the fact we signed pires as a fully grown man and Theo was getting minutes for us as a 17 year old kid

1 Like

You have to do it quickly, like editing a post soon after you realize any typos and it doesn’t show up as edited.

3 Likes

No it’s not.

Pires is still better now than Theo

2 Likes