Theo Walcott

If we sold the Emirates, it would come with Walcott and Wenger as fixtures and fittings.

3 Likes

Itā€™s incredible how he is still here in his 11th (!) season. The fact that all the players who joined around the same time are sold to better/bigger clubs and heā€™s still here, isnā€™t a positive thing either.

1 Like

A shame really, I felt he properly swindled us on his last contract. With that aside, we may as well make use of what we do have as a squad and try and spread playing time amongst everyone in it. Theo, preferably playing second fiddle to the first team unless called upon. Think we have plenty of better options there despite his rather odd goal threat.

The fact that he gets over 100k pw is nothing more than shocking tbh.

2 Likes

Pretty sure 100k is about right for a squad player that also helps with the home grown quota, Jessie lingard just signed a new 100k a week contract at Utd and he damb sure isnā€™t giving Utd a goal or assist every 120 minutes of foorball like Theo does for us

1 Like

Would love him to help the team as well :wink:

I think overall their wage structure is significantly higher than us, although I am guessing it is also perhaps lower on the fringe players who barely playā€¦

DANK STATISTICS

1 Like

Fanboy.

It isnā€™t right when you only pay Ozil and Sanchez 140 k. Pretty sure United donā€™t pay the likes of Pogba only 40k more than Lingard etc.

Iā€™m pretty sure we get around having to pay our superstar players much much more than everyone else is one off payments or signing on fees at the start of he contract but I could be wrong

1 Like

We shall see wonā€™t we ? Time will tell when we see what clubs Ozil and Sanchez are at next year I suppose.

The year is 2024. Arsene Wenger has just signed a new three year contract, Theo Walcott tells the official website he knows that this year will be his breakthrough season.

4 Likes

Breakthrough? The guy has been more productive for us and more prolific than Ribert Pires for fucks sake. I guess if Theo was a PL winner with Arsenal heā€™d get more respect thatā€™s the only reasonable explanation.

[quote=ā€œArsenal4thetreble, post:858, topic:89ā€]more prolific than Ribert Pires for fucks sake.
[/quote]I know Bobbyā€™s French in all, but thereā€™s a time and place for frog jokes mate :wenger:

8 Likes

:open_mouth::joy::rofl:

More productive than Robert Pires lol, id prefer you to avoid commenting on players that played before you supported the club.

4 Likes

Do some research and get back to me.

Am sorry what? Did you just compare Theo with Pires and conclude that Theo is better because his goals scoring stats are better. Pires had more class and ability in his little toe than Theo can ever dream to have and I donā€™t need statistics to tell me that. I think you can setup a poll to check how many on here would prefer Theo over Pires in their team.

As for the stats, are you sure that didnā€™t have anything to do with him playing alongside the best striker the league has ever seen, along with perhaps the best #10, and a player like Ljungberg who got his fair share of goals and assists? Also, the stats donā€™t reveal the quality of the goals he scored, the level of skill the man possessed and the sheer brilliance of some of the things he could do on the pitch.

Speaking of which, Theo much much more productive than him as well. The invincibles probably go longer than 49 unbeaten if Theo is in that side tbh.

1 Like