Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

Arsenal and Liverpool leading Premier League quartet in chase for England starlet Ademola Lookman

Could be. I never said any different. But it’s a good thing Pep Guardiola isn’t his manager. And it’s not “body type.” It’s extra pounds he put on this summer that I’m guessing Massimiliano Allegri would prefer he shed before their season starts. When you pay that much money for a player, you want a fit one not a fat one.

Well lets just say i think that we will now try and sign a central defender this week ,and I think we might now have to pay 5 million more than we would have done last week so I think Kaner should have taken the bet I offerred when I said we wouldnt be paying more than 15 million for a defender in this window .

2 Likes

[quote=“Maxi_Gooner, post:295, topic:310”]
What is sad to mention small clubs like West Ham, Swansea, Palace and Boro only to blame us? :facepalm:

Chelsea need a defender (or two), they are searching one.Manchester City need to build a new defense, they are searching many profiles.Barça need to improve the qualities on attack behind MSN, they are searching one.Real Madrid need a midfielder, they are searching one.Juventus need a midfielder, they are searching one.

Arsenal need a defender and a striker, they are searching one.
[/quote]Yeah, for more than four seasons.
That is just ridiculous, you’re defending a club sitting on a mountain of money that can’r find a striker in all that time.
No other club in Europe, no matter how small or poor, would wait that long.

Would you be happy if we didn’t get one this transfer window either?

[quote=“Maxi_Gooner, post:297, topic:310”]

and why you refuse to mention our offers to Vardy and Lacazette? Like the other squads, we’re trying to improve our qualities.
[/quote]Why do the AKB’s keep going on about players we “tried to get.”
It’s irrelavent.
How many other clubs go on about players they “tried to sign” or “were linked with” and “showed an interest in.”

The fact is we need positions filling, and have done for ages, and other clubs get most of their business done, while we act like the poor relations, and have to listen to Wenger droning on about, “there is no value in the market,” or “players not meeting with his valuation.”

I can’t believe there are supporters still defending his transfer strategy.

2 Likes

In Wengerworld , a knowing smile can mean we are close to signing someone ,a bid for a player is held up as a shining example of willingness to spend money . No matter that our bids are below others or beneath the expectations of the sellers because in Wengerworld,it’s the thought that counts ! In Wengerworld you can’t just put off untill tommrow what you don’t do today you can put it off indefinitely ! Wengerworld is truly a magical land !

2 Likes

Darkseid mentioned an offer from Chelsea for Koulibaly, why I can’t mention our offer for Vardy and Lacazette?

Please buy someone Wenga :sob:

1 Like

Because Chelsea invariably get all their transfer business done, while wait, and then just don’t bother.
Of course other clubs are linked to players but they actually bother to buy some of them.

All we do is get linked, show an interest, make enquiries, and then put in a low bid which gets laughed at, and then just leave it.

We waited several seasons for a top quality DM.
With Arteta and Flamini leaving we have actually bought one.

We waited, since we moved into the Emirates for a decent GK.
We bought one last season, even though he was the only player we bought for around 10m, in a pathetic transfer window.

We have been waiting for a striker for more than four seasons.
We still haven’t got one.

We have been waiting for a top quality CB for 2-3 seasons.

We have been waiting for a top quality RW for ages.

Why?

1 Like

Were we really?

Center back has been a concern only now.
Mertesacker-Koscielny had been a solid partnership & the concerns of supplementing them was sufficed by purchase of Chambers & Gabriel.
Right wing as well has not been a concern for ages.

1 Like

We have always had problems with injuries at CB, and last season Mertesacker cost us several goals because he was to slow and, for a player of his height, not good enough, or strong in enough, in the air.
As for Chambers and Gabriel, they aren’t ready to start alongside Kos.

As for RW, Mahrez would be an upgrade on anything we have.

In recent seasons we have had the numbers, players like Rosicky, Walcott, Chamberlain and a few others, but not the world class quality.

Why do we wait so long for such important positions to be filled properly.
Around ten seasons for a GK and almost the same for a top quality DM.
Really, is that good enough?

Especially when you see clubs like West Ham, Swansea and Sunderland and other mid table clubs, filling the areas in their first team that needed sorting out.
As for our rivals, we are being left way behind.

One first team player a season isn’t good enough for either the team, the supporters or the players, to give them any confidence.

What must players like Sanchez and Ozil think watching our inactivity in the transfer market?

It’s all very well Wenger blaming the supporters when performances on the pitch aren’t going our way, but what about his pathetic approach to buying players?

2 Likes

@InvincibleDB10

If we have all these defections in terms of solidity and quality, who you can say about Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham and others squad who have been behind us last season?

We have defects, for sure, but according to you we are not better than a lower Championship team.

When did I say that?

It’s true that the big teams were behind us last season.
But according to Wenger before the season had started we had a settled side, with experience, that was good enough to win the PL.

Remember every other top club had a new manager, except for Chelsea who got rid of their’s.
Wenger had a settled side and he is the longest serving manager in Europe, yet he still couldn’t get above Leicester.

Do you really think all the other big clubs are going to be so poor again this season?
They have got new managers, new players and all their clubs have been given a lift.
What do we have?

A group of players who know themself, young players with much experience than the past, more tactic alternatives plus a new midfielder and probably a new defender.

We had that last season.

What young players?
Apart from Bellerin, what first team player is young?

Who?

Who we have waited too long for.

If you think Jonny Evans is going to be the difference to us winning the PL, I’m not sure you’re right.

Iwobi, Hector, Chambers
especially the firsts two.

4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 thanks to Xhaka, 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 thanks to Xhaka and Coquelin

nosense post

I invite you to open the topic dedicated to Mustafi

I said first team players.
Bellerin is the only young player who is a first team regular.
It is a myth that we have a young team.

Yeah, like Wenger’s going to spend what it takes to get him, when he can get a cheap player like Evans for a fraction of the price.

When does Wenger go expensive when there is a cheaper alternative?

Wow so many transfers happening today!

Bolasie going for up to 30 million pounds.

Really can’t wait for the bubble to burst tbh.

1 Like