Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

Chamberlain will be on 100k plus soon enough.

Gotta love it.

[quote=“morrisc311, post:277, topic:310”]
The fact that he would’t be a flashy enough signing to make you feel you have the bigger penis over your mates pretty much says it all.
[/quote]It’s got nothing to do with my mates, or having to be a flashy signing.
It’s to do with wanting the best for the club.
The fact we need a CB because Mertesacker is too old and too slow means we should be looking at players that are worthy of playing for our first team.

You think that Walcott and Chamberlain are going to be good enough next season, and that Evans is good enough as a starting CB for a club that wants to win the PL.
That’s the level of ambition that we have stooped to.

Would you be happy if we bought no one else in this transfer window and persisted with a combination of Giroud and Walcott upfront and Gabriel as our starting CB?
Do you really think players like Ozil and Sanchez are happy with our striker situation?

Is there anything that you’re not satisfied with about Wenger?
Or do you think he really can do no wrong?

Wenger, Gazidis and Kroenke love supporters like you.
Never complain, while putting up with mediocrity.

Exactly, that’s it. And wanting the best for the club should go further than just compare our transfer window to Chelsea’s or Manchester City’s. It should be about maximizing our chances in every single competition and doing more than Chelsea in the transfer window won’t help us a lot when there are also domestic and European cup competitions.

I just feel like they’ve had two massive coups in SanĂ© and Gabriel Jesus and also added a top class player in GĂŒndogan, though injury prone. And a solid signing in Nolito (I don’t know anything about Marlos Moreno but he’ll likely be a big talent too). Maybe dream window is too much but that’s a very good one, for me, going into August
I don’t think it’s planned that way in terms of signing wingers, it’s just you don’t turn down chances to sign difference making players, and Pep hasn’t. Then you sort it out later. Nolito of course is a practical signing to upgrade on relative dross like Navas and (if he keeps playing like he did last season) Sterling.

A lot of your post goes to Gabriel Jesus and I’ll just say I’ll defer to you on this one because you’ve seemed to have followed the player more. All I know is that from reports in Spain Barça and Madrid were none too pleased about losing out on him (and when Barça and Madrid are both very serious about signing a player it tends to be a premium, premium talent
the last was Suárez, before was Neymar), and he’s indeed considered the biggest Brazilian talent since Neymar.

Terrible is overstating the case, a lot:

]

If you take away the 30 some weeks perma-crock Wilshere was hurt we’re actually finishing below City, right in the middle of the table.

Endemic or not isn’t immaterial, because if it’s endemic–as it clearly is–it should be planned around. If it’s not it’s negligence. You can’t just keep pretending like it’s the most surprising thing in the world when Jack Wilshere gets hurt. Same goes for us finishing high on injuries and Chelsea finishing low for the 12th? season running. It’s idiocy to do so.

No, it wasn’t. We just activated his release clause, that’s only part of it, a deal requires 3 parties signing off and 2/3 doesn’t constitute being done. You won’t see any post from me suggesting Vardy was a done deal (and thank fuck it never was). Again, I don’t know why you are grouping me in here, lol, I’m a known optimist and if we were at the same phase with any target as Utd are with Pogba I would absolutely consider it a done deal. I’ve never said that thing about the Arsenal website, btw. :slight_smile:

No. I’m acting as if other clubs, which already had an advantage on us before the window began (namely City, because they have a better manager and a similar talent level in their squad, perhaps Chelsea too), have only widened that advantage. Because that’s what’s happened. If we wanted to have any chance of challenging for the title in what’s going to be a much more competitive league next season we needed to add a good deal. We have not, and have not even come close to this date. There’s no double standard here. It’s really simple. No matter how many reaching strawmans you throw at me. [quote=“Moondoggie, post:251, topic:310”]
I wouldn’t be saying anything. I don’t engage in hyperbole over young players. There have been half a dozen “new Neymars” – and Neymar himself is only 24! Think about how many “new Messis” are running around out there. And I’ve been around long enough to remember the “new Peles” and “new Maradonas.” The kid would still be 19 if he signed with Arsenal and I would still wait to see how he worked out. And he still wouldn’t be available for the first half of the season, so what damned good would he have been doing Arsenal between now and January? Maybe I’m just getting too damned old to understand this obsession with “the next big thing.” But I don’t care if he becomes the greatest player of all time someday, he’s still an inexperienced 19-year-old kid in 2016. And that’s the year we’re talking about.
[/quote]

There’s a difference between what the Daily Mirror calls the New Messi or New Neymar and what scouts and people around the game agree is the biggest Brazilian talent since Neymar. Using the latter’s criteria your assertion in bold can be answered like this: there have been none, since Neymar.

I know the saying. It’s insulting because it trivializes, patronises, and simplifies my reasons and ideas in every single way. It turns a lot of reading, writing and rationalisation into a psychological phenomenon that is only really applicable to small children.

What has happened to you, sir, that you’ve witnessed what we’ve witnessed in the last few years and you’ve not moved just one bit? What has happened to me should be obvious. I’ve followed Arsenal for the last few seasons. When we signed Özil in 2013 I was fully on board with Wenger, and truly believed he would deliver on big things. What’s happened since then? Have we advanced in any way, and what is our excuse for not doing so? Why have City, Chelsea, Dortmund, and United all won the title more than once since we last won it, and clubs like Leicester and AtlĂ©tico have won it as well? What does it take to realise this isn’t a question of cycles, or finances, or luck any more, but a systematic problem?

3 Likes

Says an agreement has been reached between Arsenal & Galatasaray for the loan signing of Debuchy, player undecided. Other reports from Turkish media repeat his claims.

1 Like

@Moondoggie @AbouCuellar

Moon, generally I agree with your modus pensandi, but in this case I understand if a part of fans (not the Wenger Out Brigade because they are and will be ever unhappy independently if Arsenal won a game or not 'cause are totally out of World) is not happy.

Today the date circled on the calendar with the red pen is 5th August, only nine days before the start of the season. After 70 days from Granit Xhaka, we still have the same old problems

and I’m not interested to debate about Pep Guardiola, Sanù, Mourinho and other managers and other teams. I’m focused on the squad who I support and, despite I’m the number one supporter of Arsùne Wenger in this World, I’m honest to admit about his shockig methods when we need to sign players (in this case important players because the CB and the FW will not improve the quality on the bench but the starting XI).

I don’t want a money rain on a player who will be not useful for our squad, I want the necessary to have a squad with all the qualities to fight for the title until the end of the season.

I can understand if the necessity to buy a CB is born after the injury in France of our captain and leader, but Wenger knows what is our problem on attack, since the confirm of the long injury who has ruined Danny Welbeck. He tried to sign Vardy not plannig a B solution. When Vardy refused to join us (last week of June or the first week of July) he tried to sign Lacazette but Aulas isn’t a right chairman to persuade.

During this time, many players with the right qualities to join us and improve our squad, have changed clubs. Michy joined Chelsea, Gameiro joined Atletico Madrid, Vietto joined Sevilla, Milik joined Napoli, Schurrle joined Dortmund, Janssen joined Spurs, Negredo joined Boro, Pjaca joined Juventus, Higuain joined Juventus, Nolito joined City, Gotze joined Borussia Dortmund and SanĂš joined City. Any player of this list was not good enough for our squad? Crazy to think.

His stubborn mind has ruined our transfer window and now we’re following a short list of names. Mahrez (but LFC want to keep him for another year because probably the player is waiting a worldclass club like Barça or Real Madrid), Draxler (but Wolfsburg refuse to sell him and if the player will convince them to sell him, their request will be over 50/55M pounds) and Lacazette (Aulas said no).

If these players will not have the placet to change the club, who are the alternatives?

Islam Slimani - shit player
Romelu Lukaku - 50M+ to try to sign him
Carlos Bacca - 30 years old and he doesn’t speak a single english word
Saido Berahino - oh dear not

Mario Gomez - I would be happy only for our mate @Persona
Odion Ighalo - Hard to convince Watford to sell him in August
Robin van Persie - bring back Captain Vantastic

After the last summer session, I was 100% convinced about a quiet transfer window where we were smart enough to sign our targets two weeks before the start of the season.

They have deluded me, trasforming dreams into nightmares. Well done, shit session as usual. :facepalm:

7 Likes

Talented player but quite small for a centre back.

1 Like

I can see them waiting untill the season starts and if it goes badly then some scrambling around on deadline day .If it goes ok then we hold .

1 Like

Can this be over already. :unamused:

So Swansea looking like signing Borja Baston, another striker better than what we have. I’ll be gutted if we let that happen without getting someone better/as good in.

West Ham are close to completing the signings of Swansea striker Andre Ayew and Olympiacos left-back Arthur Masuaku.

Great buy from the hammers!

West Ham need a striker and LB, they buy them.
Swansea need a striker, they buy one.
Man U need a striker, DM, CB and winger, they buy them.
Chelsea need a striker, they buy one.
Man City needed a few top quality signings, they buy them.
Smaller clubs like Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Middlesborough etc, need positions filled, they then identify what they need, and buy them.
Bigger clubs like Liverpool and spurs need positions strengthening, they identify a player, and then buy them.

Arsenal need positions strengthening, so they leave it for a few seasons, get more injuries, leave it a bit longer, make a few tenuous bids, do absolutely nothing, or the bare minimum, and then say “we tried.”

Wenger is an absolute joke in the transfer market.

5 Likes

What gets me irate about Wenger is the fact he sticks to the same methods and practices and expects different outcomes. Is that not the definition of madness?

Also the self righteousness and misplaced arrogance has never been endearing.

2 Likes

What is sad to mention small clubs like West Ham, Swansea, Palace and Boro only to blame us? :facepalm:

Chelsea need a defender (or two), they are searching one.
Manchester City need to build a new defense, they are searching many profiles.
Barça need to improve the qualities on attack behind MSN, they are searching one.
Real Madrid need a midfielder, they are searching one.
Juventus need a midfielder, they are searching one.

Arsenal need a defender and a striker, they are searching one.

1 Like

Except the fact they have clearly made concrete attempts to sign needed players.

Cheslea have a bid of around ÂŁ37mil on the table for Koulibaly
Manchester City are haggling with Everton over John Stones and will likely sign him and if not have identified other targets
Barca will make signings and have already strengthened their defence and midfield
Real Madrid don’t need a midfielder tbh
Juventus already singed Pjanic who is effectively a replacement for Pogba plus bagged Higauin

It’s not even remotely comparable to us at all.

2 Likes

Isn’t true the rumor about Koulibaly, trust me.
Yes, City is searching to convince Everton about Stones.
Vietto and Gameiro have refused to join Barça
Real Madrid want Sissoko and have been beaten by Barça for AndrÚ Gomes
Juventus need another midfielder because Pjanic is the replacement for Marchisio

and why you refuse to mention our offers to Vardy and Lacazette? Like the other squads, we’re trying to improve our qualities.

Looks like they’ve been feeding him pretty well too.

Food in Italy is good food man.

3 Likes

Lol! So fat!

And the fat shit will still score more than our underwear models. I never mistake the correlation of body type vs athleticism. Lots of different bodies can be successful, just look at the NBA.

2 Likes