Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

It’s not going to burst.

Football is too big to fail.

1 Like

Jesus christ, that’s a bad piece of business. West Ham however, are signing a replica of Mahrez €8m.

Bolasie will cost like Alexis Sanchez. Thanks to God we’ve Arsène.

It’s a totally different market now.

As for Wenger how many other supporters of top teams in the league would want him to resign? That should tell you something.

Why?
All he is doing is sitting back while all the other teams strengthen, so people like you can drool all over him, because you think it is wrong to pay more than Wenger’s precious value of a player.

That’s going to do us a lot of good once we start getting our usual injury crisis, and we are struggling for a top four place.

:joy:

Except not because Sanchez would cost 20 million more than we bought him for now. Does anyone understand how this works? Seriously. OMFG Rob Holding costs as much as Eric Cantona the world has gone mad!

5 Likes

I’ll tell you who doesn’t understand, or more likely, chooses not to, and that’s Wenger.

You can bet when his knew contract is sitting in front of him, it won’t say that his wages will stay the same.
They will be adjusted according to all the new money swilling around from the new sponsorship deals.

If poster don’t understand that these ridiculous prices are because there is more money for the clubs to spend, we will end up with no new players apart from Evans and some cheap bargain basement ones.

How hard is it to understand.
I’m convinced some of these posters work for the clubs PR department, otherwise why would they never criticise what is clearly not right at the club.

1 Like

You just wake up every morning in Melbourne to log on and read about what players other clubs are signing lol… Wenger gonna Wenger.

Sigh. I guess Arsenal is doomed to mid-table. Or maybe even a relegation scrap. Just like every other summer at OA.

If only they’d dump Wenger and sign up Harry Redknapp. Then things would get going in the transfer window!

1 Like

haha of course you would name a worse manager. doesn’t suit your story to name a better modern manager does it?

I named the most active manager I could think of in the transfer market. Isn’t that what Arsenal fans want? Worse? Better? That’s not a concern. What Arsenal needs is a man of action. I’d think ol’ 'Arry would be the dream manager for some of you. Imagine how exciting deadline day would be!

Here y’all go. Striker problem solved. And he’s available.

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal set to make surprise £30m offer for striker

30 mil for Bolaise? No wonder why english football is shit in Europe.

Bony? Fuck sake!

From talk of Higuain, to Griezmann to fucking Bony all in a matter of mere weeks.

1 Like

Bony has tiny hands, I don’t trust him.

Haha. I knew somebody would have that sort of reaction. That said, Bony is pretty good but the idea that City should be turning a hefty profit on him considering his time there seems a bit silly to me. I wouldn’t mind having him at half the price.

By the way, since misery loves company y’all can take solace in the fact that Chelsea can’t seem to just snap their fingers and get everyone they want either.

CHELSEA: DOUBLE BLOW IN TRANSFER MARKET FOR ANTONIO CONTE

Sorry, Moondoggie, I, along with practically anyone else on this forum, would like something better than “pretty good”. Bony sort of smacks of “any port in a storm” to me.

And as for the chavs, I really don’t give a flying fuck.

2 Likes

No. but they get a lot of people they want, and don’t have to wait four seasons to do it.

2 Likes

This is true. You can bet that if they had signed Giroud rather than us, as could easily have happened, that four years later he wouldn’t still be their first choice. They might have signed a dud or two trying to replace him but four years on they’d have found someone better.

2 Likes