(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

I doubt it personally. Battle scenes are expensive so I can’t see one being left on the editing room floor. I suspect that we didn’t see the battle because they wanted to save the money for CGI dragons and more important battles still to come.

5 Likes

Fucking lol.

The budget in this show is a right mess.

How long will it take Arya to get to the North though, it seems like all the other characters are teleported and she’s walking.

Hopefully she never gets there, very unlikeable character.

1 Like

How much of a fucking budget to direwolves need anyway. Just normal dogs with camera angle tricks for the most part as far as I knew?

Not her biggest fan either.

You’re taking the joke too literal.

There was a joke?

:airplane:
:man:t2:

Literally*

I can see this angle but I think they had to go nuclear with his personality because let’s face it, the whole Greyjoy storyline is pretty fucking bland. The best Greyjoy was Victarion and he’s been omitted from the show altogether.

I’m personally a fan of Euron’s character (i.e. archetypal megalomaniac villain) but it definitely helps that he’s spiced up the storyline that most people found boring.

3 Likes

You see, I just don’t think that they did have to go quite so over the top with his character. They’ve basically combined Euron with elements of Victarion and between those two characters there is more than enough to create one fucking awesome character without having the actor who plays the amalgamation ham it up in every single scene.

I can see why people enjoy the character, he can be pretty amusing and badass, so it’s not all bad, I just don’t really like the casting/his performance all that much.

He’s flamboyantly arrogant, and over the top. And that’s exactly why I like him.

Each to their own :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Why was Bran completely devoid of any emotion in this scene?! LOL.

I think people are really misunderstanding that scene.

He clearly doesn’t know she was raped, and even said something along the lines of him not seeing everything clearly.

Well he was hired as a little boy, maybe now he’s grown up he’s just a shit actor lol. I think he was just trying to be detached and mystical or something.

I feel like they’ve given the impression this season that he knows exactly details of what’s been going down in people’s lives, he’s had like two bits of dialogue and both times he’s said "you’ve fought the white walkers, I saw you at the fist of the first men (or w/e the location mentioned was) and “I saw you at your wedding, you looked beautiful” seeming to me to know the exact events of that evening.

I ask in good faith here (rather than to pick an argument), because I easily may have missed it, but what was it he said you’re referring to?

I’m not criticising the show or writing etc, when you’re the three eyed raven and can basically see people’s past and their future, it makes sense that you’d be detached and lack the social skills to interact with mere mortals like Sansa. It reminds me of what you see in popular culture when you have omniscient characters, like Dr Manhattan in Watchmen, they lose their humanity and ability to relate.

1 Like

Yeah I think Bran acting aloof is to do with him basically having the godlike ability to see everything all of the time.

It is robotic, mechanical acting but guess that’s what they’re going for.