Robert Lewandowski

I concur

1 Like

Fuck, they did get to the semis, I forget that. That’s some achievement for Wales.

1 Like

That is a good point. Lewandowski isn’t a consistent match winner unless he gets service. Using Bale as an example, he can actually dribble the ball 30 yards and lash a shot into the top corner, or score a free kick out of nothing.

Though I would say that Ramsey was Wales’ best performer in that tournament. They had 2 players who drove them forward.

3 Likes

When it is a one man team, opponents can find ways to shut you down, including Messi and Ronaldo.

That’s why Maradona is the GOAT.

1 Like

That’s because Marc Wilmots sucks as a coach tho. A team lead by Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku, even five years ago, should not have lost too Wales.

Heyyy Blonde Ramsey was phenomenal.

Maradona wasn’t in a team where he was a one man show

Tell me which player except Maradona himself on the 1986 team worth mentioning as one of the greatest, or the best 50, best 100 players ever?

Do you see Careca as one of the best (I mean the group of Ronaldo/Ronaldinho) forwards of Brazil on the Napoli league winning team?

Of course Maradona’s teammates were no shit… but they were more as role players than actual superstars that could lead the team or stand shoulder to shoulder with Diego.

2 Likes

In that case the team Ronaldo won Euros which had players which won’t even make top 1000 players.

So Ronaldo is a Goat

Also you don’t need a team of best players to have a team which is not driven by a single man.
Liverpool’s team which won CL wasn’t one which you would say was filled with top 50 players of all time.

Ronaldo won 4 CL with Real without players who would be consider top 50 of all time, but still had a good enough team to not rely solely on Ronaldo.

The logic is bizarre.

But, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Pele, all these greats, they are all creative players, much more creative than Lewandowski. However, Lewa’s scoring ability if given appropriate service is the best in the world as we have seen at Bayern.

One winning the WC, one winning the EURO

Anyway, I don’t think it is a problem to include Ronaldo as the GOAT discussion, he deserves to be in.

1 Like

If you gave Maradona drugs to extend his career by 20 years, he would still not win a Euro.

Same goes for Pele.

Losers.

Can Ronaldo win Copa America? Never

Neither can Pele & Maradona.

Point Ronaldo

£100m for a 33 year-old.

Okay.

5 Likes

Why so late in the day to decide you want a new challenge? I guess spanking the second best team in the league for the 30th time might have finally hit home what a pointless job he has.

9 Likes

Yeah, don’t get this either.

Man City a possible destination?

Maybe they’ll agree to an Auba swap, cause I’m sure Lewa is dying to come to NL.

4 Likes

Yeah £100m for a 33 year old who probably can’t hack it in a tougher league is absurd

1 Like