Robert Lewandowski

Apart from the money( and i doubt if we would pay much more than Bayern) there can be no logical reason why any player would want to play for Arsenal rather than B.M.

3 Likes

Living in London has to be somewhat attractive, right?

Lewandowski has also said he wants to play in England before he hangs up his boots…he hasn’t got too much time if he wants to have a good run and maybe this coincides with him not signing a new contract at Bayern. Who would take him in reality, Manu have Rashford, Martial, and Ibrahimovich. Man city have a dearth of strikers he won’t got to Liverpool wants CL I reckon and Chavski have enough strikers too, so I reckon we have a shot also because we suit his style of play the most.

Yes Id swap winning the league every year and having a great chance of winning the Champions league too for a team that finishes 2nd at best in the league and gets dumped out of the champions league as soon as the competition starts for real. the only reason he would want to come to us is for the money and i doubt if we would pay him significantly more than bayern pays. we kid ourselves that everyone wants to play in the uk cos its the best league in the world but it really isnt that special

3 Likes

I would hope that a striker of Lewandowski’s quality would be thinking that he is good enough to be the missing piece in our side that could take us to the title and deep in the Champions League. Lewandowski, Ozil and Sanchez looks like a potentially title winning front line.

3 Likes

That’s filthy. Now you’ve got my hopes up. :frowning:

:joy::joy::joy: This thread.

2 Likes

Haha it’s never happening, don’t even start to dream.

Now youve got me dreaming dam you jb ! still il come down witha bump when boney walks in the door.

Posted the same thing, CunningLinguist.

There is a less than zero chance of this ever happening.

Hey, someone start a Messi or Ronaldo rumor mill thread too.:facepalm:

2 Likes

People said that with Ozil and Sanchez, fact of the matter is thought are the things I mentioned above, Lewandowski doesn’t want to renew with Bayern and they also KNOW he doesn’t, so they may force him to stay but if he does stay can they guarantee a happy player or the same service, when they can cash in and get a huge amount (not saying we will bid or have bid just the facts) he wants to try his hand at something new and mentioned the EPL, who is out there that can afford him or really needs him apart from the top4 clubs and we are the only club that needs him. He wants to be the main man, which he will be he wants to be in a new challenge and we are that…imagine the accolades he would get from the fans if he came here and paired up with Sanchez and Ozil and won us the league after we have been trophy-starved. With him we are a genuine threat to the CL too. He also has said about the wages being great here in the EPl and far better than what he gets at Bayern and in the german league. There also that thing going around with Gazidis saying that everything will be fine and the fans will be pleased…are we at the moment? So I guess something is going down somewhere. Also, add to the fact that Wenger even stated that Gazidis wants to buy so badly and he has to calm him down. There is nothing concrete but things point to us expecting someone that is a major signing.

I’ve lived in London.

I’d still prefer to play for Bayern Munich.

6 Likes

So is living in München. With a bit of money there are not many (if any) places in Germany that are nicer to live.

I also have my doubts that we could really pay him significantly more to make it worth it.

That being said there’s zero evidence of this move being anywhere close to possible at this point.

In the recent Mercer ranking, Munich is 4th worldwide, London 72nd.
http://www.mercer.com/newsroom/western-european-cities-top-quality-of-living-ranking-mercer.html
But I guess being stuck in traffic with other Koenigsegg owners has its charms. :grinning:

3 Likes

Wien first… I should make that count and create a super club. We’ve got the Allianz Stadion already built, so all I need now is a bit of money and a couple of top top quality players willing to join.

Best pure striker in the world imo. But, in the Polish NT he is massively underwhelming. Very dependent on creative players and playmakers behind him.

We better not sign him so.

:bergkamp2:

1 Like

66 in 120 for the national team, which I agree is underwhelming, but it shows how good he is if that’s a poor return.

1 Like

Yeah, of course he will bang in some goals here and there, but the fact is that in tournaments they massively underwhelm, generally exit prematurely despite always having high hopes, because of him. I suppose that is because the rest of the team is so average.

Compare the service he received at Dortmund (with whom he smashed Real Madrid) and Bayern (with whom he is breaking all sorts of records), with the service received from the players in the Polish NT.

Just like Messi, he can’t carry the team alone.

I like Lewa and as I said I think he is the best pure striker out there, but without a decent team behind him, he won’t do much.

1 Like

I agree on the quality of his team mostly but somehow you think he would of had a few more moments at tournaments nevertheless.
Bale drove Wales to a semi final and Wales don’t have anything more than Poland.

3 Likes