Robert Lewandowski

Money is never an issue for Bayern, but if they do sell, will they sell him in a discount rate (lower than market value) and then overpay the new striker?
They are a club for winning. Bundesliga, DFB Pokal, CL… at the age of 27 and at his prime, I can’t see how the club will sell the best striker in the world in cheaper value (compare to Higuain and Pogba) and to overpay the inferior replacement.

It’s not a massive issue but they’ve demonstrated they’ll allow a player to walk if he can’t agree to their wage structure i.e. Kroos.

Although Lewandowski is a more of a commodity considering the dearth of world class strikers in world football.

If he were to leave would they be able to find an internal solution? Someone like Muller perhaps?

Is this thread really getting replies to it?

This has a less than zero chance of happening.

Lewandowski will be 28 this month.
If he wants to make one more move in his peak days, it won’t be to us.

United, Real would be all over him in a jiffy.

also @Castiel

If the player wants to go, or asks for a insane pay raise, that’s another story.

However, like @jmb27 said, this is not going to happen. He has never won a CL, so he next destination would more likely a team that has a realistic chance to win the CL. A team that can give him enormous amount of salary will be the next thing he consider.
Even if he wants to change environment, do you believe he wants to join a team that is satisfied of being top 4 and constantly got kick out of the CL round of 16?

Please, be realistic.

Why should they sell their only striker?

We get Lew and Mahrez and we aren’t the same old pushovers we used to be. We’d have one of the best attacking front threes in world football. It’s time for Wenger to either shit or get of the pot. The moneys there the players are moving. He needs to get the fuck out there and sign us a world class striker regardless of the cost.

2 Likes

Well Gazidis has told Robbie ArsenalfanTV that everythings going to be OK so thats good enough for me !
Also I think my lucks changing , I got an e-mail today from a nice gentleman from Nigeria that wants to share 25 million dollars with me !

Things are looking up for sure !

9 Likes

Dare to dream mate, dare to dream.

@ronniec Oh trust me pal I know there’s a snowball’s chance in hell this happens, not even Jesus could pull it off.

1 Like

We’re obviously in for a striker though and there have been whispers of something in the pipeline for quite some time now. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Wenger were to splash the cash on a worldie like Griez or Lew rather than being fleeced for a subpar Laccazette.

I won’t disagree… if we get both, we are kind of a different team.
But then let me ask you this… we paid 30m+ for Xhaka already… do you think and believe Wenger/board will spend over 100m in one single season (to get 2 more players, not limited to Lewy and/or Mahrez)??

If Wenger do it, that means his “philosophy” was a fucking failure and need to responsible for all his fucking gamble and “vision”. He had chances to buy better players, to upgrade the team by paying lot less, but he passed up those chances. Will he change his philosophy now? I can’t imagine.

Anyway, if he really spend 100m this season, that is good for the team. I can forgive his failure in the past and look forward to the new season and new challenge.

2 Likes

I want to believe.

I believe it, but I gotta see it first.

1 Like

[quote=“Maverick79, post:9, topic:497”]
People may mock me, but I have been saying this for weeks when everyone has been upset by our lack of movement. I said all along I have a gut feeling we are not going after ‘average’ players and that Wenger is possibly going after a big target that he feels he can get. He has been cryptic but the signs are there (Gazidis saying stuff like ‘all will be fine’ ‘the fans will be happy’ and Wenger saying stuff like ‘the money is not the problem the player has to improve the team’ etc) am I saying they will GET the player, nope but because us fans are used to the transfer period flops that’s what we generally think is going to happen. I genuinely think though this time they are genuinely going for someone big as even Wenger and Gazidis say ‘the money is there’ that is not the issue.
[/quote]I’d love this to be true but we haven’t got a very good record of buying world class players, and the fact we made a serious bid for Vardy would indicate that Wenger still prefers cheap rather than world class,

[quote=“Maverick79, post:12, topic:497”]
if we get Mahrez or Draxler even better…that would be beyond deadly. I think if this happens Ozil will shatter the assist record!
[/quote]I agree.
It is what we have lacked with Giroud.
If he can get twenty goals a season, imagine what a true world class striker like Lewandowski would get.

1 Like

You say things are looking up? Did the gentleman from Nigeria also offer to sell you some little blue pills?

Lewandowski would be amazing for Arsenal…he said earlier in the summer he would love to play in the Premier League…maybe because that’s where all the money is now. Big money and big wages which I don’t think would be the problem, just depends if Bayern would agree to sell…I agree with Maverick79…I have a feeling the club are working on a really big name signing this summer, just hope they actually we sign someone!

I got excited for a second after reading Mav’s post. It seemed so reasonable and logical. Then remembered… The disappointment, the lowered expectations… Now I’m a little sad.

Also, I can’t believe people still take these silly ass transfer rumors as gospel and then get all worked up when they don’t come to fruition. You know they’re bullshit, yet you still get worked up over them. I just don’t understand humans sometimes.

2 Likes

Lewa has already presented his new employer.

:innocent:

12 Likes