Riyad Mahrez

Don’t want him now

4 Likes

Even the Leicester fans are now saying he is not playing like he did last season and are resigned to the fact that he obviously wants to leave but don’t think he is being allowed to or not but they feel he is not happy with them anymore and are saying to sell him.

1 Like

Dude, I hate to be one of those people but there are so many better verbs you could have gone with. Liquidated, curbstomped, shredded, facepunched, eviscerated all come to mind.

I can’t stand the LCFC fans either but there’s really no need to use a word like rape to describe what is ultimately a totally meaningless sporting event.

1 Like

good god, it’s a term used all the time on this forum and other forums by other people too but you pick up on this fuck me (or maybe i shouldn’t say that because you might take it too literally)…murdered then, or will that cause offense too? I am not saying they will literally get ‘murdered’ or ‘raped’…either which way they will probably be destroyed, oh um will that cause upset as well?

1 Like

If I noticed it in other posts I’d call it out as well. I don’t go to other forums because I generally find OA to be the best Arsenal forum out there.

It’s nothing personal and you’re welcome to ignore me.

apologies for any offense, I won’t say it anymore…there probably are better words to use if I am honest, but wasn’t meant as literal thing more of ‘they will get a pasting’

Not sure id rather be curb stomped than raped to be fiar

1 Like

Dude it’s no worries. To be honest I definitely used that term along with probably worse at one point in my life. Then I started working as a prosecutor and saw what it actually meant … stopped me from using it real quick.

1 Like

So, after one game, Leicester fans are saying this about the best player on their team?

Lol, sounds like some pretty smart fans.

What’s more likely, is that opponents will take Leicester seriously and the 622 things that went right for them last season won’t be repeated this one.

I’d gladly take him as he is head and shoulders above anything that Arsenal is trotting out on right hand side.

2 Likes

You guys are missing the bigger picture. HIS HEADS FUCKING GONE WOOO1111.

Hopefully reality is hitting for everyone at Leicester.

For the players, they’re looking at something like 7th-10th place. Being in the CL will be a nice adventure, but they’re kidding themselves if they think they’re contenders again. This is the time to get out if you can and have ambitions of playing for a top 4 club (considering most of this team thought they’d be fighting relegation last season being at a 7th-10th place club probably isn’t too bad for most of their squad).

For the club - you’re not going to get relegated and you’re not going to do anything special, so maybe now is the time to cash out on certain players if they’re unsettled. I get no sense that they’re the sort of club that’s on the up like West Ham. Losing Vardy for 20m would have been a blow but to lose someone like Mahrez for 35-45m who right now is still officially a one season wonder, that’s not going to kill them.

He’s had the season of his life but interest appears to be surprisingly low. Nobody decent is in for him apart from supposedly us, but if they turn down our advances now, there might never be another big offer if he doesn’t perform this season too.

2 Likes

It’s worth remembering it’s the opening day of the season.

3 Likes

thats only the start… wait when the games pile up after start of champions league. carling cup, fa cup… then they will struggle even more especially with champions league matches mid week

Interesting take on the Mahrez situation.

Arsenal: Everyone Needs To Calm Down About Mahrez

1 Like

Keep mahrez or swap him for Ozil?

Are you really asking this Cristo? We can have both you know :wink:

3 Likes

Dunno about interesting, that’s an article about as bereft of interesting analysis as I’ve managed to read in a while.

That said, I am somewhat in agreement that a RW is something of a luxury signing given the emergence of Iwobi, and given the health of Gnabry and maybe even the fact that Wilshere can’t possibly stay injured forever (people can laugh all they want but objectively the chances of him being the next Diaby would still have to be low at this point, better chances of him being the next van Persie or Robben-- speaking not in terms of quality mind, before someone makes a boring remark, in terms of injuries).

Problem, is, of course, that an important part of Wenger’s thinking in not signing a RW is no doubt Oxlade Chamberlain, (and maybe even Aaron Ramsey) and he (Ox) is likely to get as many minutes as anyone there, despite Iwobi and Gnabry being better players and talents. Which, well, fuck…this club is frustrating.

Anyways, we’ve got absolutely no excuse not to sign a striker (and a CB). Wenger can fuck right off if he doesn’t do that, tbh. The only excuse for not already having someone like Janssen on our books is if we sign someone better. There’s literally not one excuse I can think of for Wenger if he fails to do this, I don’t think even the most apologetic fellow manager or football exec in the game could think of one for him.

4 Likes

Here’s the truth. Had Arsenal signed Janssen when Spurs did the signing would have been widely hailed on this forum as “underwhelming.” Y’all would have been bitching and moaning because Wenger had just signed a guy who scored the same amount of goals for AZ last year as Jozy Altidore did in his last season there before joining Sunderland. Lots of guys score goals in Holland. The lot of you would have been howling that Wenger has no ambition and he should be buying a world class striker for big money. You know it’s true.

6 Likes

And maybe he would have played well, scored some nice goals and shut the doubters up. Here’s some more truth, if we sign nobody that will be worse than some people thinking a signing was underwhelming.

We did sign someone. Asano killing it at the olympics. Rather have him than that scum Janssen.