Riyad Mahrez

Whether Wenger can take it or not (he clearly can) is rather irrelevant.

I’m not talking about protecting Arsene’s feelings, I’m talking about having enough class as a fan not to constantly abuse him.

Shit, it’s a Friday and I’ve had a few drinks, maybe I’m just being emotional. It’s just that non-heat of the moment, harsh insults thrown at him seem distasteful. As my initial post said, I’m closer to WOB than I am AKB these days (though I’m loathe to use those acronyms)

1 Like

People afraid to take risk when getting old…
I am not even talking about Wenger, but just myself…

Wenger of today is not the same man from 20 years ago obviously, so the success/vision/habit/ego/style/players/courage/decision making/attitude/temper/greed/hunger that he had could not represent the person he is right now.
He was a very successful manager 20 years ago, but has no meaning if he can replicate the same kind of success today.
Everything has changed, and changed so so much.

Like @Morris (and a lot of people) said, letting go at the right time.

3 Likes

If you no longer find watching Arsenal fun and exciting, then you must be getting old and stubborn, slowing down mentally and physically. Surely you’re not one of these people who only get enjoyment out of the game when the club through which they live their lives vicariously win the biggest trophy so that you can brag to your mates about how much bigger your penis is than theirs, are you? Or is it winning the transfer window that most gives you a hard on?

You know, between the Premier League, the Championship, League One, League Two and the three major non-league divisions, there are about 160 professional football clubs in England (including a few from Wales who play in the English system, of course). I can count on one hand the clubs among those who wouldn’t sell their souls for the success Arsenal has had just over the past 10 years. Even Liverpool would happily make that trade. So things really aren’t so dire as some spoiled, narcissistic fans make them out to be.

If you no longer get a kick out of Arsenal, there are some free-spending clubs who have changed managers frequently out there waiting for you. Manchester City comes to mind.

7 Likes

Now now, Let’s not be too harsh on morrisc.
Arsenal have given us a frustrating transfer window.

With injuries & uninspiring transfer window, calm ones should be little more understanding towards the frustrated ones.

2 Likes

Everyone should be really fucked off actually.

2 Likes

Nah i got a new job, so i am quite chuffed.
Been ages since i fought here as well.

Fuck Arsenal. Won’t let them fuck with me like last season. I wanna be in a happy spot.

2 Likes

@Moondoggie that’s the most sophisticated and lengthy “go and support an oil club” I’ve ever seen :grinning:

4 Likes

Maybe it’s my age, but I don’t get annoyed by Arsenal any more. I have far more important things in my life to concentrate on, and football isn’t one of them.

It used to dictate my emotions. Now, it barely registers.

9 Likes

Come now, that’s rather unfair. I can just speak for myself, but I’m sure many with me share the same feelings. I’ve been a gooner for 35 years soon and although we are up their in the top I feel frustration. Not as much as a few seasons ago, but still. Frustration about not reaching our highest potential as a club and frustration about broken promises from a manager who repeats the same mistakes every year. Would I trade it for the recent success that City and Chelsea has had? Hell no!!

I don’t think I should have to feel this frustration, as a paying costumer. Why? Because some people claim we have the funds for it. And some people also says we have the best manager in the world and should be grateful. Grateful just for having a large bank account and a good manager? Other teams convert these things to trophies.

I know I’m simplifying, but I do understand what my frustration comes from and I can sympathise with others.

3 Likes

It’s not your age, I assure you. There is a limit to how annoyed, irritated, frustrated, dejected, angry (add any other emotion you feel) one can get with a situation. I think for most people, 4 to 5 years of going through those same emotions, over and over again, makes them sort of numb, thick skinned if you will. About 6 years ago, I almost broke the door of the cupboard I was sitting next to, while watching Arsenal throw away a game. Nowadays, I am just disappointed for a bit, and then I switch to some other channel on the TV and put it all behind me. An Arsenal win or defeat no longer defines my weekend. I think i have just come to expect a lot less from the Arsenal.

3 Likes

This transfer is dead. Then again, was it ever even alive?

I would never have offered to shave my head if I thought this transfer was even remotely plausible :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a difference between feeling frustrated and being openly antagonistic toward the club and its manager.

1 Like

So he’s starting for Leicester, guess this isn’t happening then.

Lol, you just now realizing that?

2 Likes

Football is too shit to let it get to you these days anyways. So is F1. So is most sports really.

1 Like

Hasn’t looked so fantastic today, maybe his heart isnt at Leicester anymore or maybe he needs match fitness, have seen glimpses of what he was like last season, good penalty etc but looks a bit off the pace.

I will take a lot of petty enjoyment from seeing them struggle this season. We can’t even buy a Leicester City player these days, fucking life.

11 Likes

TWEET OF THE YEAR

7 Likes

I’ll take great pleasure because the fans are fucking inbred cunts who think after one lucky season they are billy big bollocks, they aren’t anything truly special and they have the nerve to speak down to us like we are nothing, they were nearly relegated the season before. Let’s see how these mouthy sods feel when they are being raped time after time in the CL and cannot cope with the line up of games for all competitions and then say.‘yes it’s easy isn’t it’ they will be lucky to finish in the top half of the table I reckon. Also, I reckon they will have an injury to a key player this season and they will struggle to win games, when we always have 5 or 6 main players out through injury and we are laughed at.

1 Like