Paris Saint-Germain Vs Arsenal (CL)

I would try Santi with Ozil and Sanchez as our 3 attacking midfielders, and Xhaka with Coq/Elneny behind them.

What I wouldn’t give to have Verratti in our midfield.

4 Likes

No I wished Cech would start. I even posted the line up up there ^ (post 50 or so perhaps?) I wished for a 4-3-3 and a midfield trio of Xhaka, Coq and Elneny to close down the midfield and give proper support to the back 5. But I have no agenda on pissing on anyone, I just like watching our games and cheering for us, that is why I don’t behave like you.

If he starts 11 blueberries, I’ll cheer for them. this thing some call “naïvety” is more down to being an experienced supporter, but I don’t expect everyone to recognise that. I am just not logically impaired enough to feel that Wenger is responsible for everything and should thus be blamed for all the bad things while all the good things are down to player x or y or luck or the opponent or ghosts or w/e.

1 Like

You have your freedom to “enjoy” and I have my freedom to voice out when things are not right.
Just because we were lucky enough to tie the game and snatch a point don’t mean we did the right thing.

A right game plan right lineup right preparation will not win you every single time, but you have done everything you could have to avoid criticism and look for understanding.
If you want to use a lucky game as an example to show Wenger’s wisdom or to make others look bad with hindsight, feel free to do so.

1 Like

We will watch good football again or our eyes are condemned to see this shit every game??

Another good result but another poor performance because of a squad who show many limits like the mental approach, the tactical organization and the inconsistency on attack, playing with a striker who isn’t striker. The football is complicated but simple. If you don’t shoot, you don’t score and our stats about shots on target are very poor.

Summed to that, there are the poor performance of Coquelin (tonight his presence on attack was high than the other four offensive players), Cazorla (for 11tengen11 has played another great game like v Soton and for me has played another bad game like against Soton), Monreal (if Nacho is this, Gibbs will have the chance to overtake him ASAP), Mustafi (needs time, it’s impossible to build a partnership in only one week) and Oxlade.

Xhaka and Giroud have changed the game. Only the physical presence of Oliver helped AFC to score. We need them into the XI.

Special mention to King David. He sent to fuck off a large part of our fanbase (someone laughed after the goal scored by Cavani. They are shit fans or probably not fans) with his WC performance.

Aurier my personal MOTM.

But that’s the thing. I don’t think for a second you have even the faintest clue as to what actual preparations are like. You simplify everything so grossly it is easy for you to get your ideas to make sense. I don’t need lucky games to show his wisdom he has 3 PL trophies, a CL final and 6 FA cups and the testimonies of a sea of players and experts who deem him one of the best managers in the world to testify to it and wisdom is fairly known to grow with age. You have nothing but bad simplifications.

He just finished 2nd in the most difficult league after his main striker didn’t score for 15 games in a row, and all you can do is say he should’ve bought a better striker then, what a shite manager, can’t even beat Leicester, this was our chance, Wenger out. Ofc you’re free to voice any opinon but prepare to be trolled when you post like you did up there.

2 Likes

Shame they aren’t too good with the defending part though.

Tonight is a perfect example of why I question the intelligence of AKBs.

4 Likes

Look at this shit mentality the club has. :confused:

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/775834779291783172

Imagine tweeting that. Not big club at all. We should be starting our best team and WINNING. Not playing backups and be happy with a point at a nothing club with money.

7 Likes

Second game in a row opposing player basically just had to stick the ball in an empty net, although this one was even more insane - how the actual f*ck did Cavani not score? LOL

:grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Couldn’t see the match so going by highlights.
Man Ospina saved our butts.

That’s embarrassing and shows that the weak mentality permeates every crevice of the club.

This is a PSG team that’s weakened and in transition and they’re calling them favourites.

Fucking hell.

No he didn’t. He’s a shot stopper nothing more. He stopped shots tonight.

The real question is did Cavani’s inability to finish tonight cost PSG or did Wenger’s inability to manage cost Arsenal?

So he did his job, yet he didn’t save our butts?
How does that compute?

1 Like

Because a taller more commanding keeper such as Cech might not been beat in the fucking 45th second allowing us not to play on the goddamn backfoot all night.

No way even a taller keeper would have stopped that goal. Come on.

Who knows. Cech has a fear factor in Europe and he has a much better commanding presence in our back line.

Ospina done well but it doesn’t negate the fact that Wenger picked a howler of a team and Cavani - while his movement was amazing - was fucking shit.

[quote=“Calum, post:169, topic:657”]
Imagine tweeting that. Not big club at all. We should be starting our best team and WINNING. Not playing backups and be happy with a point at a nothing club with money.
[/quote]Clearly they’ve underestimated how the fans would react to this, as the tweet has now been deleted.

1 Like

Yeah, please bring up the history again… I love to hear that… sure our opponents love to hear that also.