Paris Saint-Germain Vs Arsenal (CL)

He had a great game today, no question asked.
Top keeper for Columbia, yes.
For Arsenal, an adequate backup but not the one we (at least me) would trust to challenge the title.

That’s not true either. He played 8 out of the 11 guys who should normally start.

He’s not a top keeper, he can have “top” games but also he has games where he isn’t so great and makes mistakes, he’s not consistent enough to be a top keeper

1 Like

But Xhaka and Perez would have been useful tonight, especially our swiss pitbull.

Should I give you the same picture when Wenger start Ospina again but has a bad game?

What was said about Theo? Carrying a knock?

Mild knee Injury I think is the term that Wenger used.

We were awful

Sorry, I was busy…

Other than that, we were lucky to get a draw. What was wrong with our back four? The two CBs still needing to get to know each other on the pitch? Cavani got way too many easy chances. Luckily, it seems he is a bad finisher…

1 Like

Thank god Cavani is their striker. Can’t remember a game in which the opposing striker missed as many clear chances as he did.

MOTM performance

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/merge-mfmk.mp4

6 Likes

We are just fucking garbage to watch now. Apart from half an hour were exploited an poor Watford side ive seen nothing to say were going to improve to a decent level this season.
Wenger had to go in the summer his game plan, tactics attention to detail, is all gone.
Its the equivilant of watching Tiger woods now. Everyone knows he isnt going to ever win a major again.
Since the back end of last season, just keep thinking ive wasted 2 hours watching this dross.
The last two games sum it up. Decent results but feel totally numb watching.

7 Likes

Be prepared for someone to enlighten you with stats that prove to you how were fortress Arsenal in defence.

Overall it’s a decent result but it’s hard to be happy with it tbh, the game was winnable and we didn’t play the right line up or formation.

Flip side is against any team with a clinical striker we would have been blown away and so there are many issues with the squad going forward, whoever we buy the result will always be the same with Wenger at the helm. The way they cut through the middle time after time as well as bully the midfield is typical of this team.

Chamberlain will not make it here in the way that many were hopeful of, it’s becoming glaringly obvious that he is not up to it.

2 Likes

Jesus how Cavani didn’t manage to score 3 or 4 I have no idea.

2 Likes

Sure! I understand it must be difficult with all the frustration building up inside you when Wenger does something right and how you have to bottle it up until something finally goes wrong and you can let it all out again. Sometimes being a hater is tough. but yes, post his face back at me the next time he fucks up, I like seeing his funny faces and you get to releave some pressure, we both win!

1 Like

@oompa

I am not frustrated. I am pretty happy indeed to get a point tonight.
I don’t even get upset because there is only one word to describe your picture and behavior. Hindsight.

I did not see you saying we should start Ospina ahead of Cech before the game in our first CL game.
Next time why don’t you suggest Wenger to start Debuchy ahead of Bellerin, Gibbs over Monreal, Ox over Alexis and you got it right.

Oooh, we can embed daily motion videos on here :smiley:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4t39w6_edinson-cavani-horrible-miss-psg-vs-arsenal_sport

When Cavani missed this chance, for some reason, I took that as a sign that we might still get ourselves back into this game, despite how bad we were playing. Any other day, the chance would’ve been buried and our hopes would’ve been finished.

1 Like

Trolling aside, Ospina is our probably there because he is the designated cup keeper, and it is not the first time Wenger manages like that. I do believe even you can understand the difference between me not suggesting we start Ospina and the 14 ha’s you posted along with the usual shit flaming before the game had even started, flaming the Arsenal manager, on an Arsenal forum. ffs come on, even you must understand this, this trolling can only go one way since I actually like the club, the manager and the player even in a loss and even when a player does poorly. We’re not doing the same thing here mate, it is not a battle of betting.

Tell me honestly (trolling aside), did you wish Wenger to start Ospina before game started?
Who would?

This is not COC Cup, this is not FA cup, this is not Charity Shield. This is the best competition in the world, Champions League. You sit your starting keeper means you are not serious enough.

If we win, Luck takes the credit.
If we lose, Wenger takes all the blame.

A couple of odd choices for me, but such are our wing options - knew it going into the season. Right now I think our best front 3 are Sanchez, Ollie, and Iwobi… Ox should not be playing right now. Theo/Perez can be impact from bench and hopefully offer some usefulness out wide as well.

Ollie helped change the game and then got himself sent off, LMAO. He seems to have a thing for getting reds in the CL.

Ospina played well to be fair, although he did nearly gift a goal with a terrible, terrible pass. Still not loving the selection, but we got away with it.

We really didn’t look good for long stretches, but did manage to ratchet up pressure a few times and especially when Ollie came on and Sanchez went wide, we looked more dangerous. Hopefully Sanchez’ back is nothing.

1 Like