Paris Saint-Germain Vs Arsenal (CL)

Lol this is really clutching at straws, I’ve never seen a keeper save a free header 2 yards from goal into the bottom corner. Ospina saved our asses tbh. Not only did he save both Aurer and Cavani 1 v 1 through on goal, he also put Cavani off with a wide open net. Motm tbf.

Mustafi’s fault then?

Sometimes a team of other professionals score a nice goal, but let’s not ever give credit to an opposing side.

1 Like

Total defensive shambles at the first goal. Nothing Ospina could have done, well executed by Cavani. Tbh Ospina was the only one in our team who wasn’t out of position.

1 Like

We played really badly in the first half, but some adjustments were made at half and I think we deserved the goal. Ospina really did play well. Wenger’s stupid lineup failed and as soon as he brought Giroud in and moved Sanchez wide what a surprise we scored. Iwobi looks legit. Nacho isn’t looking the same, I’d have Gibbs start the next match

1 Like

I want to know just how many get out of jail free cards Arsene has up his sleeve ??? hopefully quite a few ! Good result poor performance. I’l take it !

2 Likes

Such a bizarre selection. Here we were thinking Xhaka was rested on the weekend ready for PSG, and there’s no confirmation that it would have definitely made us play better but I’d be inclined to say it would have improved us somewhat. The Coqzorla thing really needs to be a side project.

Iwobi on the wings should be a future fixing too, he offers so much more, as @Powderfinger briefly mentioned above, compared to a deficient Ox.

Lucky to get a point out of a pretty turgid game. But a point will do in that case!

1 Like

Do you guys feel we’re favourites for the top spot now?

• Yes, clear favourites
  • No, we’ll drop stupid points along the road and come 2nd
  • No, it will be a struggle to come 2nd
  • No idea, can see us losing any game really, but also win any game…

0 voters

Cech does not save that Cavani goal.

I’ve seen other English teams go away in Europe, play like absolute dogshite, and yet scrape a result. Usually to worse opposition as well.

My only annoyance is that is was clear to all watching that Giroud or Lucas should have been starting, and the Alexis as CF strategy is tactically bankrupt.

But I would have taken a 1-1 all day long before the game.

5 Likes

Everything that is wrong with this team was exposed yesterday. At the end of the day it’s the manager whose responsible for how we play. I find it hard to believe people find room to actually gloat. Scrolling to the thread it seems like this is seen as a accidental bad loss by some, whilst this fit in a line of bad results/performances we had over the past 6 years. Tonight we just got really, really lucky.
8-2 against United, 3-1 against Monaco, 4-0 against Milan, 5-1 against Bayern, 5-1 against Liverpool, 6-3 against City, 6-0 against Chelsea. 3-0 against Everton, 4-0 against Southampton etc.

But yeah. All is well.

2 Likes

Fuck me we were soooo lucky and very fortunate Cavani’s shooting boots were at home. If Ibra was playing he would have had a field day!

I was astounded at the team he put out and yet again putting Sanchez up top on his own against Silva and Marquinhos, defies all logic does it not?

Why pay 35mill for a player and not play him, is he unfit?

The tippy tappy bollocks was really pissing me off last night as we lost possession countless times. I though Iwobi looked good in places, his naiviety does show at times. I cannot understand keeping so many defesive minded midfielders and letting Jack go out on loan…does not compute!

1 Like

For me it looked like nerves more than anything. The type of nerves a small clubs gets facing a big club away from home. Its that mentality that’s more worrying than anything, because we have the skill to match these teams but not the head.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/775997048369938432

1 Like

Was Mustafi really that bad?

I thought the entire back 4 was pretty dire.

Wenger gets a 6. :arteta:

1 Like

Hopefully Mustafi bounces back from that rather quickly.

Lol are those ratings by Morris? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t see anything unreasonable about saying this lol

Also when City, Chelsea and Man U were various shades of shite last season it’s a stretch to call it “the most difficult league”

2 Likes

Strange starting line up for me. I know we came out with a lucky point but really think we should of started with Cech and either Perez or Giroud

Fair play to Ospina though he made some superb saves and kept us in the game

Sanchez up front is just daft. We may as well start with 10 men as he isnt a striker. He is much better on the left and that was shown when Giroud came on and he went out wide

We got lucky big time last night but then its nice to see us dig in and somehow manage to come away with a point

I just wish we would start with our strongest possible team and give ourselves a proper chance

Onwards and upwards