Olivier Giroud

Roy Keane was a dick.

This is the digital age. No one should give a fuck about what photos they take.

As has been mentioned already in this thread, they’re not mutually exclusive. Just because you take a photo or celebrate a goal it doesn’t mean you don’t like winning. Sanchez himself has been involved in dressing room selfies.

1 Like

I get that. Dont make it all about the pictures. The main point is that we celebrate mediocrity here.

We dont celebrate mediocrity. We arent even remotely mediocre.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with anyone who is saying that there is a big problem with the mentality that exists at our club. Probably from the owner to the board to the manager to lots of the playing staff. I think I just disagree sometimes with some of the things people think illustrate this mentality.

So on that note I’ll probably stop furthering this debate, as ultimately I think we all probably agree on the most important point, which is the often poor mentality we have at Arsenal.

3 Likes

A grown man should be ashamed of himself taking selfies.

1 Like

:smile: okay.

Exactly. Whether or not the small lapses in competitiveness and mentality bother you I’m sure the larger ones do, ie. bottling the league, CL every season. Looking at this as just a one off issue is shortsighted as it’s part of something much larger for people like me and MM.

The point is these larger issues won’t change until we eradicate the smaller ones. I hope some day we have a manager with the bravery to put their foot up our players collective asses for drawing 3-3 to Bournemouth in the first place. Never mind wasting time, settling and celebrating like a buffoon.

1 Like

Selfie cunts.

8 Likes

We already knew they were cunt’s before the selfies. It just enforces the issue.

2 Likes

God yeah. If they stopped with the poxy selfies they might actually win something one day :grin:

They don’t celebrate draws.

2 Likes

Yeah. But those cunts are actually winning.

Giroud would celebrate if they let him clean their boots.

2 Likes

I don’t know many teams or players that wouldn’t celebrate a 3-0 comeback in the last 20 minutes :joy:

you see with ours, coming back from being down 3-0 shows mental weakness cus y u down 3-0 in d first place?!?

1 Like

Anyone that thinks we were getting a winner is a mug. This is Arsenal, where Victoria Concordia Crescit means ‘Glorious failure but we just came up short.’

I got more enjoyment watching Giroud’s celebration than the whole rest of the game. That was one of the greatest things ever.

Yous can get proper involved and raging over these miniscule, meaningless matches when we all know where this season is going, where the story of the season will end (battle for top 4).

But I will enjoy the smattering of banter that will come up during this year which will at least ensure I am not living through Groundhog day. Whether that be this celebration, or Nasri’s antics with the Drip Doctors.

It’s all I have for my sanity lol.

1 Like

Many teams and players don’t win the EPL. It’s a fine margin of genuine competitors.

What a lot of you seem to fail to grasp about goal celebrations is that they are normal human expressions of excitement. Have none of you ever experienced a sudden joyful moment in your lives? Occasioned to do a happy dance?

We know these guys play to systems, have it drilled into them what to do and when to do them. But underneath they’re human beings, you know. That fact sometimes seems to be forgotten.

5 Likes

Nah mate you’re a fucking idiot. If Manchester United under Fergie came back from 3-0 down to level to 3-3 they’d immediately grab the ball and as one sprint back to their own half, rather than waste any time celebrating a mere equaliser. Their mentality would be so strong that all that would be on their mind would be getting a winner.

Oh…

13 Likes