Olivier Giroud

How many seconds have been wasted because of his celebration?

The goal goes in at 91:05 and the cameras cut to a replay at 91:25 with Giroud about to re enter the Arsenal half of the pitch. The match has restarted when it comes back from the replay at 92:01. Anyone who thinks it made the slightest bit of difference needs to get a grip.

But yes, it was a fucking stupid celebration.

The celebration was stupid for the moment (a draw at Vitality Stadium) not for the time wasted (maximum 10 seconds).

Couldn’t give less of a shit about Ox having his priorities in check, it’s worth pretty much fuck all when he rarely contributes anything of value. Giroud on the other hand assisted two goals and then scored the third, if he wants to spend 12 seconds celebrating in a cringey fashion I’m ok with that.

Given that he contributed so heavily, more than anyone else, it seems churlish to have a thread full of people slating him.

9 Likes

Undoubtedly Sanchez for me. His work rate and continued desire to drop deep and make things happen was unrivalled last night.

I agree. the funniest thing in football is the “rush to get the ball back after a goal when you’re behind” because…wwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy??? The ref is either going to stop his watch until the ball gets put back in to play or he’s not, it doesn’t matter how fast you return the ball to the centre circle lol.

I’m not saying it cost us the game. The total lack of urgency to try and win the game after we drawed that is what I miss in this team.

2 Likes

He could of contributed the exact same if he had came on at the 70th minute as sub. His lack of movement up top always hampers our play.

The decision to celebrate instead of look for a winner isn’t exactly a big deal but it’s just complacent and a symptom of why we will never win another title under Wenger. Like I said individualism instead of motivation is never the answer in a team sport.

Also did you take that 12 seconds from that awful Reddit thread lol. Such a myopic evaluation of something much more complex.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive lol, celebrating doesn’t prevent him from then looking for a winner. I can’t see why so many people keep saying this. You can’t say with any sort of certainty that his celebration meant we had any less time to find a winner, especially as the rules would suggest that we’d have just as much time however long is spent celebrating.

And no, I don’t read about football on reddit, quality attempt at a burn though haha

Wasn’t a burn lol some people we’re arguing about it and someone actually worked out it was 12 seconds and made a thread lol.

Most people that are annoyed about it, don’t actually think an extra 12 seconds would have won us the game, they feel that we looked as though we had settled. By rushing back we would have shown to ten man Bournemouth that we weren’t done with them just yet, but ultimately, we were. That sort of mentality doesn’t win titles.

In the context of tonights game we could have had a sniff at the title again but drawing or losing last night makes absolutely no difference and is nothing to celebrate.

How many players joined in the celebration? How many joined Ox and Alexis in just running back into our own half?

Does every player need to rush back in order to deliver the crushing psychological blow to Bournemouth, or just nine, or just 6 versus 5 staying to celebrate?

It is not even about the time he used/wasted/spent
It is about the mentality.

No guarantee we would win the game if he did not celebrate and go get the ball out from the net immediately.
If he did that, at least we tried, and show us the “must win” mentality; even though we should never trail 3 goals in the beginning.

When he celebrated, let’s be honest, what was in his mind at that time? To think of the celebration (how he celebrate), or to get one more fucking goal and win the game?

I have said that, he earned his right to celebrate, but I would appreciate more if he showed the “winning” mentality instead.

All of them. Having one player having to literally go get two other players is a joke. It’s like that time Giroud and Coq threw their shirts into the crowd before the game was even finished. What sort of fucking shit is that.

Oh my god.

I don’t really see that the way he celebrated would have made that much difference, but it illustrates perfectly the difference of the mindset of a player like Giroud, to a player like Sanchez.

Giroud loves himself, while Sanchez loves winning.

2 Likes

Celebrating equalisers and taking selfies after games is the way of life here. Could you imagine a Sir Alex Ferguson team soing that lol.

1 Like

Probably not actually, because camera phones and selfies weren’t exactly a big thing during most of his tenure…

But the selfie thing is another argument people throw at us despite there being a ton of evidence online that many other teams do the same thing.

Ugh this is Roy Keane style chat. I could provide examples of teams like Chelsea taking pictures after league matches in the dressing room.

We live in an age where people in all walks of life feel the need to document every little facet of their life in photographic/selfie form, don’t make it all about Arsenal when it’s just a sign of the times.

6 Likes

Roy Keane would have smashed their phones against their skulls. Celebrating 3 points in one league game is pathetic in the grand scheme of things. On the odd occassion it may be acceptable like when you play a rival. To go 3 nil down and jump around like a dick after an equaliser is cringe worthy IMO.

Sanchez was fuming at the end of the game and understandably so. He came from a club where nothing but winning is acceptable. I wish our players shared the same mentality then we might actually get somewhere in the league.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with you. But it’s just the whole package. The lacklustre performances, the results, the bottle jobs combined with them ‘celebrating’ makes it all a bit sad to see in my opinion. Chelsea were Champions.

When the push comes to shove these players are going to bend over.