Olivier Giroud

It’s just an indication of how unrealistic the football fanbase is. I saw people losing their minds on Reddit about Giroud celebrating his goal even though there was still a good 4 minutes left to go and the refs always take goals etc. into account before blowing the whistle.

When your Giroud who has been catching so much shit for the last 4 years and you score YET another vital winning goal in a season full of game savers in a last minute 3 goal comeback you can bet your arse that the adrenaline pumping through him is going to make him celebrate.

12 Likes

Scoring a last minute equaliser after being down 3-0 with 20 minutes? of the match left.

If you don’t celebrate even a wee bit then why are you interested in football? Can’t beat the buzz of a last minute equaliser or winner I don’t care who it’s against.

2 Likes

It’s against Chelsea, not Bournemouth. You’d take a point at the Bridge. There are 7 minutes left on the clock. They don’t play against 10 men. Different circumstances.

5 Likes

I clearly need to buy myself a copy of “The Rules of Football Celebrations”, because there are far more rules and stipulations than I’ve been made aware of.

But as I’ve been told in this thread, celebrating an equaliser sends the wrong message to the opposition! You must race back in order to show them that you smell blood and want to score a winner! As soon as Chelsea saw this celebration it must have given them a serious psychological boost, and helped them on their way to not surrendering all the points.

2 Likes

Indeed. If you’re losers, like our lot, just keep that shit to yourselves.

Well I think there is enough about that fucking match (and our season) to be annoyed about without focusing so heavily on something that had no measurable impact on the end result of that match. The only thing Giroud did that had a measurable impact on the final result was directly set up two goals and score the third.

It just goes to show how ridiculous we all can be as football fans that more time has been devoted to analysing Giroud’s fucking celebration than the three goals conceded that left us in a fucked up position in the first place.

Priorities :thumbsup:

2 Likes

All that what is wrong is perfectly expressed in these moments. That’s why it bothers me a bit. Not the celebration itself.

But yeah. Slow day at work.

Bournemouth came back from 2-1 down to beat Liverpool 4-3 who are second in the league and arguably playing some of their best football in the last 10 years and beat Hull like 6-1 after they had a great start to the league.

BOURNEMOUTH ARE A GOOD TEAM.

Reddit is fucking cancer.

1 Like

This thread perfectly illustrates why I will never take the Wenger out people seriously. After watching them complain about Giroud celebrating I’ve got proof of the armchair managing, overly negative, knit picking nature of that bunch. The truth is Wenger is probably past it, but the stuff these guys come up with is more often than not, a load of bull shit.

3 Likes

How is Arsenal supposed to progress then?

This goes for AKB-people double, mate. Things would be different now. Uuuhhuuh.

1 Like

I said probably. Wenger needs to be checked at some point and told no. I dint think there’s anybody at the club who can do so. That’s the nature of things when there’s no real clear direction from the top and you’ve got a guy managing who’s been as successful as Wenger.

When you are as good as they are, they can do anything.
Selfie is not an issue for them, playing for Barca is.

We equalized at 91’, didn’t we? Giroud wasted 30 seconds with his celebration, right? We had 4 more minutes to score another one, tbf.

We’re blaming a player for his celebration removing his double assist and his final goal (and his recent form). This is what the media want from us.

3 Likes

So he is probably past it. Needs to be checked. And you doubt anyone at the club can tell him no.

Again, how is Arsenal supposed to progress?

We could have still won, despite him celebrating.

The chances of us getting better are slim but it’s more of a board/ownership issue than it is a Wenger issue.

It’s definitely more of a Wenger issue rather than at board level.

1 Like

You’re telling me an American owner, who is into football for eight somewhat years and a CEO, who is into football for seven somewhat years (it was all marketing/business with the MLS) are going to tell a trainer/coach whose has been with this club for 20 years and had coached 10 years before he joined us, no, if that manager wanted to buy one or two extra players or anything else when it comes to the football-side of this club? Not to mention the on-the-field performances. That’s a bit naive Arsenal4thetreble.