Kylian Mbappe

What he’s doing at just 18 is pretty epic though for his age group. How does he stack up against other world class teen talents and what did they go for?

Ronaldo (real one) at 20 went for a world record after scoring a goal a game at PSV and then going. Then broke the world record again aged 21. CR7 didn’t have near the end product but went for a 1/3 of the world record. anelka went for about 2/3s of the world record aged 20 off 17 league goals. Mbape is averaging better than a goal a game in ligue 1 and the CL. Rashford was for a bit too so maybe that’s some perspective.

I think this kid looks better than Anelka for their respective ages but obviously good as R9. I think he’s out of our target range because of that. I mean this is a world where Lacazette is valued at 50million and isn’t as prolific as this kid who is going to grow to be better.

1 Like

WE AAINT GOING TO BE AT THE RACES FOR THIS KID

hes got bags of talent

but his price tag will be massive and if it is over 50 mil we wont get involved

he will end up at madrid or city

I Agree, you watch them Snap him up for CR7 to slowly retire then chuck bale and him upfront and watch them interchange and he is the sorta ‘galactico’ signing they would want, big name over night they will pay through the asshole to get him because they can if they wanted to they can bid 150m and not blink considering they make about £450m a season.

1 Like

Can’t see us getting him if we don’t qualify to the Champions League. Lacazette is more likely.

Mbappe will have most of the world’s top clubs lining up to sign him, if they haven’t made contact already. There’s no chance of him coming to us unless he has a personal genuine desire to play for Arsenal or for Arsene Wenger (which i doubt as he grew up watching the banter era).

1 Like

funny how time changes and Mbappe is the next big thing.

Not too long ago this sort of signing would have been shunned by fans.

Yes but you can see by his age and numbers and how he plays that he is something special

Unless we send them sanchez and we get him as part of the deal but these deals never really happen and i dont see Sanchez wanting to go to Monaco

If we sign him will someone adapt the Hanson song?

This isn’t an ordinary teenager. Sure, signings like Sanogo and Jenkinson are really rubbish. This kid has scored 12 goals and assisted 8 more for a team who are competing for the national title.

How do you know it would have been shunned by the fans ? When was the last time we signed an 18 year old that scored 20 + goals in one of the 5 top European Leagues ?

At any point in time Arsenal fans would be excited and happy about spending big money on what looks like one of the world’s hottest striking talents.

3 Likes

Especially since we go for the likes of Sanogo who makes us all sad, cost nothing, and is absolutely dog shit.

1 Like

No.

Not this summer, the summer after. Because nothing says Arsene Wenger like bringing in a guy all of the fans knew you needed 3 years to late.

Red action will

If y[quote=“Maverick79, post:163, topic:642”]
I Agree, you watch them Snap him up for CR7 to slowly retire then chuck bale and him upfront and watch them interchange and he is the sorta ‘galactico’ signing they would want, big name over night they will pay through the asshole to get him because they can if they wanted to they can bid 150m and not blink considering they make about £450m a season
[/quote]

It would test out the Perez not signing black players allegation.

If true, told you he will go for at least £100m, yeah its the DM but i think he probably would have gotten the club a lot of calls bidding for him.

If I was 18 years old and “hot property” taking us out of the equation, I’d go no where near Real Madrid. Madrid is where you go when you’re more established and less likely to get dropped to the bench or the reserves.

1 Like

Yup but most go there when called because of the prestige, odegaard went even when he was warned…hmmm where is he now dont hear much about him anymore and he was a big talent!

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth.

Same goes for Chelsea.

And any of the top 3 really. Be better off going somewhere like Juventus, Man City, PSG, Atletico, Dortmund etc.

Hell, even us. We’ve given fucking hours to players like Sanogo and Iwobi even when they were out of form.