Kylian Mbappe

At 18, its hard to keep a level head at the best of times, let alone when youre one of the best young talented footballers around. Would be incredible if he turned down Madrid tbh.

Ronaldo is his idol too which probably make it harder to say no

So young and already rotten to the core. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I think he even supports them.

People are getting suckered into the sensationalist headlines here.

If i have learned anything from Ramsey and Coquelin, its that far larger sample sizes are needed!

So if we could sign him for 60 million quid in the Summer you’d knock it back? Out of fear he could be a strikers version of Ramsey & Coq ? :joy:

dont get me wrong, i want him. But the fact is the sample size IS too small.

Yeah it’s small but I suppose when your only 18 it’s impossible to have a big sample size.

That’s the problem with hyped young players but if one doens’t act quickly another club will have already bought him.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not like we can sign prolific players after a large sample size, when the likes of Barca & Real flex their muscles.

Ramsey and/or Coquelin with Mbappe is also a pretty ludicrous comparison.

1 Like

Yeh Coq was always bang average. Least Ramsey and this kid have shown some glimpses of actual talent.

Ramsey never showed close to the level of talent Mbappe is showing right now. In 13-14 maybe, but age is the most relevant factor in these discussions, and Ramsey was then 23/24 and Mbappe right now is 18.

in no way is it ludicrous given the context.

It is, because while sample size is important so is age. and Mbappe has one of those almost on his side and the other very, very much so. The number of players who have had the level of success Mbappe has at his age, this level, and gone on to fail is much less than the numbers that have gone on to succeed. Extreme success at a very young age is a strong indicator of having a strong career. Neither Coquelin nor Ramsey had anything comparable. Wilshere would be a close comparison but statistically his 10-11 season was not that impressive, and he’s also had an exceptional career in terms of his injuries.

1 Like

We werent comparing players by age, ability or any other metric. Merely highlighting that sample sizes need to be bigger than half a season.

edit: also what are the numbers you speak of? or have you made that up?

El Partidazo de COPE :heavy_check_mark: @partidazocope
NOTICIA @partidazocope: El Manchester United, único club que ha presentado oferta firme por Mbappé. El Real Madrid NO ha preguntado por él. pic.twitter.com/w5vNmKsO1L
Follow
El Partidazo de COPE :heavy_check_mark: @partidazocope
NOTICIA @partidazocope: El United ha hecho 2 ofertas por Mbappé: una de 80 mill €, y la última de 110, tras el City-Mónaco (21 Febrero). pic.twitter.com/SlUGjjJTP4
10:33 PM - 22 Mar 2017 · Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid

They’re going to get him aren’t they?

€110m seems rather extortionate for him ha.

More clubs will show interest in him before the summer begins, so expect it to remain rather unclear where he ends up next season.

Did anyone catch this yesterday?

Raymond Domenech on Mbappe, “He is world-class, but he has to manage this well. He has the choice between being a Ronaldo or an Anelka.”

Anelka on Mbappe, “Yes, he could be like me or Ronaldo, or maybe like Domenech – an average Ligue 1 player, unemployed since 2010.”

:coq:

1 Like

[quote=“Phoebica, post:199, topic:642, full:true”]
Did anyone catch this yesterday?

Raymond Domenech on Mbappe, “He is world-class, but he has to manage this well. He has the choice between being a Ronaldo or an Anelka.”

Anelka on Mbappe, “Yes, he could be like me or Ronaldo, or maybe like Domenech – an average Ligue 1 player, unemployed since 2010.”

:coq:
[/quote]Anelka was never the brightest player.
He was great for us but had a massive ego, and he and brother typified the greed of players and agents.

Anelka was the epitome of a mercenary player, that showed no loyalty other to that of who paid him the most money.