Kylian Mbappe

Not sure why people are still clinging to this one?

We reportedly bid €100m, then other clubs reportedly bid €130m

There’s no way Arsenal FC are the type of club to just chuck in an extra €30m over their original offer.

The crutch is simply transfers arent paid upfront, structure of payments are just as vital as the total fee.

Us offering less money overall, but more in a shorter timespan could be more appealing, even if less lucrative.

1 Like

Could be.

But probably not.

1 Like

Clinging onto the only thread of hope we have here sham. Help a guy out

Hug?

Rather a definitive solution to my suffering, but fuck it why not, let’s be spoons.

1 Like

The story about Wenger and Mbappe’s family is probably true. Wenger over the years has been reported to fly out and meet with players’ families. Wasn’t it Cesc who said that was the deciding factor when he moved from Spain? Arsene gets a lot of stick, but this one trait of his I really admire.

3 Likes

This is true.

Even when it came to signing Aaron Ramsey, Wenger gave it the personal touch by meeting him on a private jet during World Cup 2010.

How did Ferguson approach the same player? He sent his best man. Gary Neville :confused:

Well, even if Arsene has a good relationship with the Mbappe family, he still needs to satisfy Monaco as they are the one who will decide his final price. Whatever happens, I just hope we have other targets in our mind. With the Alexis and Ozil situation, we could very well end up in the last week of the window, with Alexis and/or Ozil leaving, Mbappe going to Madrid and we ending up with panic buys.

The guy is desperate for new friends.

So get it done, FFS! :mustafi:

1 Like

Probably circumstance. I’ve read numerous times over the years that Fergie did the exact same thing.

2 Likes

The 1 thing with Mbappe is the claims of Perez being racist to black players. He has never signed a black galactico. He didn’t sign Pogba, didn’t sign Henry, didn’t sign Vieira… He shifted Etoo and Makelele. There’s a patern there, does he make a black player his record signing?

Might you be over thinking this?

Speaking in a Sunday newspaper, Dein said: "We turned down world-record deals for Thierry from two Spanish clubs - and you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work who they were.

And Modric and Kroos are better players than Pogba :grin:.

Maybe but it was an accusation agents have made against him and at the end of the day they didn’t pull off those signings despite the rumours. There’s talk they haven’t even bid Mbappe right now with Zidane saying he’d need to shift Bale to accomodate him. I have a feeling enquiries are sometimes called ‘bids’.

1 Like

Ronaldo?

1 Like

correlation doesn’t equal causation. A concept lost on MANY.

“I only want to play for Madrid”

hope he flops :wink: