Julian Draxler

nope it isnt great but it seems it is a trait of 3/4 of the players nowadays. Its either this to force a move OR run down the contract play like a person possessed to get in the shop window then get a new big contract and then play shit again, or they leave for a good wage.

Yeh, our wingers like Theo and Ox play shit with no ulterior motives,

top blokes.

12 Likes

Not too sure about that measurement tbh his behaviour since the summer is not something typically seen with players under 23 with such a slim output. Not sure whatā€™s gone on behind the scenes either for him to be so unsatisfied with his move but he did sign a 5 yr deal with release clauses demand upward of ā‚¬75m in place.

All in all looking at this situation heā€™s not coming off great. Wenger is pretty serious about attitude and professionalism so who knows

just sayinā€™ :wink:

That money is getting spent on Sanchez new contract.

5 Likes

Oh heck no, he is awful.
Even without his issues with Wolfsburg, he is an inconsistent player.

I dunno, I like the idea of Draxler quite a lot, especially if it meant freshening up the wings.

He still has bags of talent and potential.

Its an interesting option if the fee isnā€™t silly.

1 Like

Indeed it is. Like CL mentions above^ right now, it would be a gamble given how his season has taken a turn for the worse, a serious dip in any professional playerā€™s career with all the shenanigans involved. He could be as inconsistent as Theo/Ox or turn up with Arshavimpact like a hero.

I hear in Germany that heā€™s still an unknown quantity; not performing consistently for a full season. His price would have to drop considerably with Wolfsburgā€™s need to sell for both financial and personal reasons with the player surely?

One good thing you can say about Draxler is that he has now gone about 18 months without any truly serious injury (he missed 4 games at the end of last year with an injury but it wasnā€™t something massive). That has been a big concern for him.

I think he makes sense as a gamble if the price is right, which I guess is easy to say and sort of meaningless. He has produced nothing at all this year (literally, in terms of goals and assists) so I donā€™t think you can buy him with any expectations for immediate help. But t could be a good opportunity to buy low on an offensive player with a potentially elite ceiling.

If I had to guess, there will be many rumors about him moving this winter but Wolfsburg will still demand too much so he will stay and then move over the summer. That would be a better time to acquire him anyway as there would be more time to integrate him into the team and also to move on somebody else to open up the minutes. He really should not be that expensive. Gotze had a much more impressive track record and only cost BvB 23m euro to buy back from Bayern. If we could get Draxler for a similar fee next summer (or even a bit higher) while selling Theo, Ox, or Welbeck, it is a no brainer in my view.

4 Likes

I would love him here tbh.

1 Like

If heā€™s available at a fair market price we should buy him end of.

I think he would kill it in the PL.

January we get him, and sure he can contribute immediately and make us a real contender.

We could convert him into a RvP style striker. Heā€™s tall, both footed, technical and has a good shot. Iā€™d like to see it happen.

Speaking from your fifa 17 career mode experience MM? :wink:

You converted him to a striker didnā€™t you haha if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Haha, that I did.

But I did it because Iā€™ve always thought he has the mold to be a good striker.

1 Like

I recall Jovetic being my RVP replacement. Ah the good old days.

Heā€™s being left out of the squad to face Bayern, other reports that he wonā€™t play again for Wolfsburg.

Mental. Should have sold him when his value was pretty high, 40 mil for a petulant cunt seems a tad much even in this market.