Julian Draxler

Ancelotti has directly ruled out signing Draxler in January.

If he does move during that window, what are the options? Arsenal, maybe Juventus, maybe Liverpool, maybe one of the Milan clubs?

Juventus need to stop with buying players. Itā€™s bad enough they own every bloody full back on fifa.

1 Like

Can see Klopp taking a run at him especially since Mane will be at AFCON.

No reason as to why we should let him go to any of those clubs though.

3 Likes

When I look at this diagram, all I see is a bow tie on a circle.
Does it really mean anything?

2 Likes

It helps if you read those things round the side called words :+1:

7 Likes

Fucking LOL.

Thatā€™s a wingers opta chart if Iā€™ve ever seen one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugAYumSYHM0

I had forgotten how good he was in this match.

Iā€™m not sure about his mentality and he also clearly lacks consistency in his performances but there arenā€™t many 23-year-olds - especially available to us - that have been the best player on the pitch in a match of this magnitude against this kind of opposition.

We should buy him even if we donā€™t really know how to use him. There arenā€™t that many young players with his ceiling and weā€™re almost always going to get outbid by United/City/Barca/Real/Bayern when they come available.

1 Like

I can read the words, itā€™s the mathematical calculations I have a problem understanding.
There are too many variables that arenā€™t taken into account, like who the opposition was, if it was home or away, what the score was when he did whatā€¦

A few seasons ago, when Berbatov was at spurs, he had a great scoring record but it was pointed out that nearly all his goals came against bottom half teams, so he might have looked good on a mathematical chart but in reality he wasnā€™t great against top opposition.

Yeah the top talents will get snapped up by the bigger clubs and weā€™re still at the stage where damaged goods that bigger clubs donā€™t want to risk it on could be a winner. He could be another Nasri which wasnā€™t at all a bad signing for us. Even if heā€™s a cunt if heā€™s a good cunt and we can keep him happy who cares? Plenty of our good players were cunts and Wenger got the best from them.

He wanted to come before didnā€™t he?

5 Likes

Doubt Wenger will bite here. I remember him saying in preseason weā€™re well stocked on the wings which is true, we have got alot of bodies. I donā€™t I think Wenger rates Drax in the buy instantly category

Personally iā€™d sell Theo and loan Ox maybe sell Welbz too depending on his usefulness when he returns.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure there was mutual interest. There was that whole sage maybe two winters ago where we were heavily rumored to be in for him but it didnt happen.

With the Ox looking like he might be getting better, wallcot and Lucas Perez doing well and iwobi making progress and welbeck coming back I canā€™t see us signing a winger in January

1 Like

Even Wenger must have a winger saturation point.

None of Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain are going anywhere for the forseeable future, Perez will get a new deal and Iwobiā€™s talent is starting to emerge.

No chance on Draxler for me.

Sadly I agree but its a bit of a shame as non of our current wingers have a world class potential type ceiling.

1 Like

I donā€™t actually this of any of this is true. Ox has had some atrocious games this season and performed well in a small handful of them.

Walcott had a decent start to the season but his lack of quality has begun to shine through again.

Perez has barely played a PL game and his notable performances this season have come against Basel and lower league teams.

3 Likes

Lovely assist from the ox and nice goal from Theo so far today

Hopefully Perez can get on at 65 mins and do his thing

Drackler really has massive massiver potential that he hasnā€™t put together yet. Heā€™s got great control, can pick a pass, very good dribbler, 6ā€™2, strong, powerful with a cracking shot on him. He had a season when he was 19 when he was scoring for fun and hasnā€™t replicated it yet but still had all those facets. He needs the right coach to have patience with him, pair him with technical players that bring the best out of his game in an attacking. Hopefully thatā€™s Arsene Wenger. But we probably arenā€™t signing anyone in Jan, Wenger type player though.

2 Likes

If we are planning on tolerating inconsistency then we better allow Ox a good run for whole season, instead of throwing 30m on Draxler.