Arsène Wenger

I get your point but in Fergies final 2 seasons Rio/Vidic were ageing and Evans made 49 starts at CB. That’s quite significant part of both of those campaigns. CB is a more important role than water carier type roles the likes of Delph play. And he played more games there than Smalling/Jones, showing he was the prefered young CB. Now you can argue maybe he was still a weak link ofcourse.

2 Likes

The good old days

There is also a programme to accompany this, it’s on Channel 5 on Monday at 10pm – Fergie v Wenger: The Feud. Should be worth a watch. We can reminisce about when Wenger was God :cry:

5 Likes

Think I’ll give it a miss. Not interested in any show that features Wenger. I see enough of his fucking face watching arsenal.

2 Likes

Looooool @Calum 's Wenger hate cuts so deep these days, I remember when you were one of the biggest Wenger in guys on the old forum!!

I’ll also give it a miss, Channel 5 ffs

1 Like

Dunno about that elec lol. I’ve wanted him out since summer 2016!

Leicester winning the league coupled with our disastrous 2nd half of the season that year seemed to be the final straw for a lot of fans.

1 Like

You say that like it’s early lol

I’ve been out since 2014 and I feel like I was somewhat late to the party haha

4 Likes

I’ve been in and out briefly in stages before 2016 but that’s when I was 100% and not changing back lol

1 Like

People won’t give up their season ticket now, so close to Wenger’s reign being over.

He doesn’t sound like he is about to leave. It’s up to the board.

Made a lot of born again atheists out of us in the last decade though. Its like watching the first half of a game your winning 3 0 at half time but lose 5 3 in the end.

Oh my fucking God!

He’s actually leaving!

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/987252345749889025

3 Likes

Fina-fucking-lly

3 Likes

HOLY FUCK HOW AM I MEANT TO WORK NOW. SOMEONE GIVE ME A FUCKING BEER

12 Likes

Incredible news. What a club legend he has been and finally now he can get the send off he actually deserves.

No matter what has been said about him I do always believe he’s acted in the best interests of the club and believed that he could take us forward.

Incredible though.

9 Likes

Wow. Just wow. We never, ever, ever have to have the debate again.

3 Likes

Biggest news in the past 20 years of the club. End of a era.

Really hope we win the Europa League. Would love the legend to leave with a trophy.

3 Likes

Oh my fuck

1 Like

Let’s hope it gives all the players a good fucking reason to play extremely well for the rest of the season, and Arsene can go out on a high.

I can now unashamedly and proudly enjoy the rest of the season, and show some respect to a man who has given 22 years to our football club.

4 Likes

Ha same. At least it’s Friday though. Though they could have waited until about 4pm before announcing the news! Party time tonight! :dancer:

2 Likes