Arsène Wenger

Except I’m not an admin… but I guess a couple more years of Wenger and then I’ll eventually just give up mate. Maybe you can take my place.

So is it 3, is it 4, is it 5 or is it 11?

He’s gonna give birth before he delivers another 3 trophies in the remainder of his Arsenal career.

1 Like

That’s very sad as far as I’m concerned

@Phoebica remember we had a discussion about wether it was arsenal fans that support Wenger that would stop supporting arsenal once wengers gone, and I made the point that the only people that talk about jumping ship are the haters?

That’s another to add to the list of haters that will or have stopped supporting arsenal

You have a very masochistic idea of being a fan.

People watch football for multiple reason, primarily because of it’s entertainment value.

There was a time when I used to be like Luca watching multiple leagues. Now I have massively reduced watching football because I am just disillusioned by the money factor of the game & the game losing its charm in general.

As much both of us like Wenger, There are legitimate reasons for a good base of fans to have grown tired of the tenure and want a change.
If their entertainment is massively diminished by the presence of a certain person, it shouldn’t be a surprise if they do not see themselves involved as they feel things won’t improve for them entertainment wise.

It’s not jumping ship, it’s losing interest. That’s human nature and completely fine imo.

4 Likes

What’s even more sad is your ridiculous desire to defend Wenger at every given opportunity.

And what’s even more sad is that you use people’s opposition against Wenger as a measuring stick for how great a fan of Arsenal they really are.

I am fed up of the same shit, the boring Football, the shit transfer windows, the dire tactics, the maulings away from home, being eliminated from the CL at the last 16 and his arrogance that he is still the man for the job.

7 Likes

The post that kicked this all off was a joke and also pointing out that we could realistically overtake Liverpool as the 2nd most sucsessfull club relitivly soon,

Just like I’m sure a lot of any football fan tha doesn’t support city or Chelsea are fed up with a lot of going’s on at their club

Planning to stop supporting your football team unless certain parameters are met is not how football fandom has ever been described to me but it seems to be all the rage theses days

2 Likes

You are assuming that even if we do win some trophies, Liverpool aren’t going to win any.

Why do you think that we have more chance of winning trophies than them?

Since we last won the PL title, they haver won the CL, the FA Cup and the League Cup, as well as getting to another CL final, while we have won four FA Cups.

There is no way Wenger is going to catch their record, and as I said, there is more chance of Man City doing it before us.

I’d be interested to see a list compiled by you of all these mythical supporters.
No one is going to stop supporting us if Wenger stays, but there will certainly be a few that will be gone when their hero leaves.

All I see is disillusioned supporters being bored by the predictability of every season and transfer window.

What would it take for you to start realising that Wenger is way past his best and that he is ruining the club?
Doesn’t the fact that all our top players want to leave give you and indication that he is the wrong man for the job?

Perhaps the Europa League is preferable to you and you have become bored with the CL
Or you are fed up with having world class players here, and want to see the first team comprising of players that no other top clubs want.

Surely you have to admit we need a change.

When was the last time liverpool won anything? We’ve won 3 trophy’s in the last 4 years

We’ve won four trophies in the last twelve seasons.
Liverpool have won three in the same period, including the CL, which haven’t won.

We are a team in stagnation and they have an exciting team with a manager who isn’t scared to change rather than persist with the same tired old players and tactics.

Do you seriously think Wenger has a chance of catching their record?
I don’t think Wenger has much chance of winning any more trophies with us, but I certainly wouldn’t say that about Liverpool and Klopp.

I think Wenger’s ongoing tenure is just draining the life out of people. They’re not jumping ship as such, just trying to avoid emotional investing in order to save themselves the disappointment that comes every other week.

I’d hope that no one would truly jump ship, even those who only started supporting Arsenal because of Wenger. Although, I still see people on Twitter referring to the club as Wenger F.C. They can fuck off.

1 Like

That’s not a fair comparison.
We had financial issues for a good decade, yet we managed to stay competitive during that time.

While Liverpool had issues only of their own making whilst constantly falling out of Top 4, spending almost a decade in mediocrity.

I would say Arsenal did much much better than Liverpool.

Yeah this was being said for 6, 7 years and then he won us 3 FA cups.

1 Like

I can only say that for them to win the CL and get to another final, as well as the two domestic trophies was better than what we achieved.

If the FA Cup is the measure of a top European club, then we’re are not a top European club.
Not being in the top four is a very good indication that we are a club in stagnation and I don’t see that being any better next season when our best players have left.

Wenger has a massive ego and thinks his way is the only way, and won’t change.
How anyone thinks we are going to win more trophies and catch Liverpool up, when we have a manager who never changes, and a first team lacking any world class players, is deluded.

Its worst in a way… it isn’t as if I am trying to save myself from pain any more - I just feel the pain less and feel less passionate about getting up at 7am on a Saturday to watch… it is actually the lack of emotion and pain that angers me the most (yeah I know that sounds like it doesn’t make sense but it totally does, I promise =) )

I will never leave Arsenal, but I am way, way less invested right now. I yearn for that to return but I can’t really imagine seeing it happen under AW at this point. I don’t even think my expectations for us are that crazy or unrealistic, but this sinking purgatory is bleeding me of all love right now.

1 Like

Haha yes it makes perfect sense. And you’re totally right. I was thinking something similar after we drew with Southampton. Years ago that result and performance would have frustrated me, but now my emotions are separated and it just gets a shrug of the shoulders, it’s become the norm which I hate. I used to care about every aspect of the club, but now the only thing I care about is the fact that I don’t care.

Reminds me of the Mr Men book, Mr Worry. He starts off worrying about everything, then once that process stops, he goes back to the doctor to tell him that he is worried about not having anything to worry about :grin:

1 Like

I think this is how a lot of supporters are feeling.
It’s the predictability and lack of anything new happening, in terms of new players and tactics, that is so frustrating.

All I want is something different.
I would even take Wenger turning round and saying, I have made some mistakes, I’m going to buy two or three world class players, stop picking the same under performing players and I’ll stop making the same excuses.

Just something different to alleviate the boredom would be nice.

The decision to bring on Walcott just proves how out of touch he is.

He takes off a player who is capable of changing a game with a touch of brilliance, and brings on Walcott, who he hasn’t thought good enough to be on the bench in recent games.

Sanchez was into the game and Wenger thinks bringing on Walcott for a few minutes is going to make any difference.
All he has achieved is annoying Sanchez and the supporters.

2 Likes

Sanchez should have been subbed off for Elneni as soon as we went 3-2 up

2 Likes

I agree.
We should have shut up shop and seen out the remainder of the game.
So taking Sanchez off then and bringing on a player like Elneny would have been fine.
But when we were chasing a winning goal, to bring Walcott on and taking off our most effective attacking player, for only a few minutes, was ridiculous.

We still would have conceded again regardless IMO, we were always very likely to need to score a 4th goal in order to win the match.