Arsène Wenger

Wenger at PSG: “We cannot compete with teams who can sell their players for €100m”.

12 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: this just had me in raptures on a packed train.

He coddles the young ones…that’s how we the Gibbs of this world. No mettle.

We are almost at the end of the season. Hurry up :xhaka:

Absolutely masterful trolling from the club. I bet they don’t make an announcement at all and Wenger just continues on his new contract (which is probably already signed) without any explanation at all. :joy:

11 Likes

Oh yeah it was signed back in February I think. It’s been signed for ages.

The club might have already extended his contract and therefore aren’t bothered but the complete lack of responsibility towards the fans just pisses me off. They don’t think they need to address the fans regarding the position of the manager. This blatant disregard of the fans by the club smacks of arrogance. Unless, they haven’t decided about Wenger’s future yet, which is an even more scary thought because that would mean they haven’t identified a successor in case they don’t want to continue with him. Fat chance of that happening I know but just don’t like the way the club is playing this whole thing out. It’s disrespectful to the paying public.

5 Likes

Yeah, never seen a club who wait so long to announce manager’s future. Should have already been sorted by now.

Yes you have. It was Arsenal three years ago.

4 Likes

Even the board are half Wenger in Wenger Out.

What a dire situation. Why cant someone just take charge of the situation. This club lacks leadership and direction big time.

We are champions at procrastination, whether that be signing new players, extending contracts for existing players, deciding on the manager’s future, or even just playing the game on the pitch. We never get the business done early.

2 Likes

In that case the board deserve everything they get. This isnt the type of business where you hesitate to make big decisions.

Good article by Tim Stillman.

1 Like

This is what I said this week. No quality players. I don’t know why Arsène stopped the Wengerball to (not) play as everyone.

Imagine the 2013/2014 team strengthened with intelligence. Imagine a good defender, a good midfielder and a goalscorer, instead to waste money for normal and overrated players.

1 Like

Imagine him strenghtening winning teams we may have done/achieved back to backs.
Loyalty has cost us dearly.

1 Like

In Bristol for the odi England v Ireland…

1 Like

‘my understanding is’, a smart way of saying what ever the fuck they want without being really being culpable when it ultimately transpires as being a load of made up rubbish.

No, Wenger probably doesn’t communicate with the board, because he isn’t remotely supposed to.

I don’t know anywhere whereby a manager would liaise with board members. The chief exec would however…

He’s still got it, 3 more years!! Cmon he can win us the league again. That was the last step, getting over the Mourinho curse. We’ll see a new manager from here on out. Full confidence in us winning the FA Cup now.

1 Like

He’s beaten Pep and Mourinho in recent weeks :eyes: