Arsène Wenger

Tbf to Neville, he backed Moyes to the end and after too.

1 Like

Pretty good thread on this if you read through his tweets.

He backs him because he just recently made the experience himself how tough the manager job is and how quickly a manager can be out of job. It’s similar to how every manager in top flight football will say that they’re not happy about how a manager lost its job as it can happen very quickly if a few things don’t go their way. It’s just a different angle looking at things and doesn’t have to do with him thinking that a new manager would take Arsenal up to the top again, as it’s equally as much a gamble.

2 Likes

After Nev’s Spanish trainwreck he’s obviously going to be in the useless managers union.

I’ve seen the argument made here that if Fergie would have been hired in 2017 he would have been fired after his first couple seasons. I don’t know much about United from the 90s but supposedly they were mediocre for a while under his reign? Coming from that perspective I completely agree with Neville.

A manager really does need to instill a culture and find and groom players who fit in. Most times managers get the axe wayyy too soon. Something that really annoys me about all sports atm.

Neville I’m sure is also sympathetic because he’s been a manager as you said, and he played under Fergie who is probably the best ever. None of this applies to Wenger obviously, the situations are completely different. However you could have the next SAF on your hands and sack him because the results aren’t there immediately.

1 Like

He always defends the managers, tbh. He doesn’t like them to get the sack or leave.

The football landscape has changed massively since then. If Fergie were to manage again I think he’d still easily be one of the best in the world. Not only is he a massive draw but his tactics and one on one management ability are still of the very highest pedigree. I’m not saying he’d have the same success he had with United at his best but he certainly wouldn’t be in the Moyes/Nevillie category.

1 Like

Neville is an advocate of giving managers time and hates the turnover of managers in general. I’m sure he’s said something along those lines before.

Winning the FA Cup 1990 saved Ferguson’s job…Cantana was the catalist for him to move a step ahead of everyone else and the rest is history…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/859468595788754946

Ollie G knows that no other coach would give him a game.

Smarter than he makes out that guy.

4 Likes

Marseille might have something to say about that…they can have him!

1 Like

Giroud no other top European club, playing CL football, would give him as much game time as he has here.
It also means Giroud doesn’t know what Wenger is going to do.

I thought Wenger said a few weeks ago, “we would know soon.”
What’s he waiting for?

1 Like

Trit trot

For us to forget this shambolic disgrace of a season so he can sneak in a new contract…he has a long wait this season is seared into our brains it’s like the nightmare that just won’t fucking come to an end!

2 Likes

Giroud baiting Wenger here to try and get the situation sorted asap, lovely stuff.

Hopefully they both decide to go to PSG together.

1 Like

So when is a real boycott going to happen? And I don’t mean black scarves or Wenger Out banners or not showing up until the 6th minute. I mean a full on protest that makes a match look like we’re playing behind closed doors. You know, what every other fan base of Kroenke-owned teams do every year at every game?

I’m going to assume that will never happen because there are too many socialites who enjoy paying the highest prices in Europe to be spoon-fed pureed shit.

We’re now the biggest prawn sandwich brigade that ever was.

4 Likes
6 Likes

This would be the best. He’ll win the french league by default for two or three years and then I can cheer for PSG to win it all in the CL. Maybe Arsene’s philosophy will be a breath of fresh air to the PSG players.

5 Likes