Arsenal - West Brom (Premier League)

That’s where I used to stand in the North Bank.
Not sure why, but I nearly always went on that side.

Does anyone remember the bloke who used to sell burgers through the bars of the gates at half time, or the packets of peanuts in their shells you could buy before the game?

2 Likes

Miss watching games on the TV at Highbury and I never was old enough to make it over whilst we still played at the Ground.

my mates godfather knew someone that worked on the turnstiles, used to get in by paying him £20 and their were always spare seats in that section of the north bank for some reason

The latter inspiring this I believe (Matt Lucas is a former North Bank Gooner). Wonder if that guy is still alive now

2 Likes

What is Wenger playing at with Sanogo up front?? :wink::wink::wink:

4 Likes

That’s got to be @AbouCuellar favourite post of the year with all those horrendous puns :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Can’t believe Chamberlain even starts in the Christmas XI. ffs :joy:

Mistle Tozil…That only works if you’re pronouncing his name wrong you English cunts.

3 Likes

Not having ö on your keyboard in 2016. Luckily 2017 is around the corner and we might move on from the “in 201x” jokes.

1 Like

Hate any team that’s main gameplan is defensive football, and I despise West Brom. We really need a hammering over them, 5-0 would be ideal but it’ll be 2-0.

Glad someone agrees with me in regards to West Brom. Apparently some people (as per this thread) are “neutral” towards them. Blah. Hate West Brom, I’d defo send them and Pulis to Room 101.

2 Likes

Unless you’re a Wolves fan, I didn’t think there’s anything worth hating about West Brom, they’re just a bunch of nobodies really :giroud:

Pulis though, is a different matter of course. Love the idea of an OA Room 101, someone make it a thing!

3 Likes

How big is this “room”? I have a lot of stuff to put in there. Pulis is just the start.

[quote=“Phoebica, post:53, topic:1055”]
How big is this “room”?
[/quote]As big as you wanna make it :henry2:

Cool, so the entire West Brom squad and all the backroom staff can go in it too then. It might be irrational, but I really hate them all. I’m glad we have a good Boxing Day record, hopefully we’ll just kill them (not literally - I don’t hate them that much)

1 Like

Life is too short to be spent hating an entity as irrelevant and uninteresting as West Brom imo

1 Like

Yeah it’s not like it affects my life or anything, I’m not that sad

Just their style of football is annoying to play against. You’re right they’re irrelevant though, hate them for 90 mins when we play them and then forget about them again.

Lol WBA are a nothing club to us. Why on earth would you hate them.

3 Likes

pulis effectivley derailed spuds title challenge last year. He bought some kudos with me with that draw at the lane.

2 Likes