Arsenal - West Brom (Premier League)

It’s hard to tell on the internet, but this is a joke right?

FT
0-1 Jonny Evans 89’

1 Like

It’s not particularly crazy.

2 Likes

looool glad I’m not the only one who thought this then

I’ve started disliking West Brom ever since I saw one of their line-ups where they basically had 4 centre backs across the back 4 and another 2 infront of them sitting in midfield. All 6 foot+

2 Likes

Started? I don’t recall a time when I ever liked them :laughing:

We have to win this though. I don’t care how – in fact, the more controversial the better, seeing Tony Pulis have a whinge about the unfairness of it would be a bonus.

Gibbs for Nacho, Lucas for Iwobi, Holding for Gabriel, please :pray:

Robin starting to dislike West Brom doesn’t mean he liked them before to be fair. There’s a neutral space in between liking and disliking something, which is how I’ve always felt about West Brom.

3 Likes

Indifference?

Yeah that works, as it is a synonym for neutral.

This. Time for some changes ahead of a very heavy schedule.

[quote=“JakeyBoy, post:28, topic:1055”]
Robin starting to dislike West Brom doesn’t mean he liked them before to be fair. There’s a neutral space in between liking and disliking something, which is how I’ve always felt about West Brom.
[/quote]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

Ah, good old neutralness returns :kosc:

2 Likes

LOL. To be honest I knew while writing that point that logically it’s the dumbest thing I’ve spouted on here in a while, but felt right at home from the skewed perspective of the other sports I’m interested in. It clearly isn’t viable in any way in football, but I would rather Arsenal do what Ronda Rousey, Tiger Woods or any complacent/stale sports person or artist can do - just fuck off from the whole scene for a while to come back rejuvenated, wiser and stronger. Though seeing as Arsenal don’t manage to even do that over a three month summer I suppose even in a sport where they could take a mid-season timeout they still wouldn’t come back any better. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Is this game televised?

Really, really hard to make a prediction over this year’s Christmas or New Years fixture list.

We are in a slump and it is a reoccurring thing with Arsenal, when you think we cannot afford to lose any more points, we fall deeper into the hole. WBA, despite a really good season, gave all 6 points away to an average Chelsea performance and a still unconvincing Man United side, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they manage a result against us. You just cannot go with confidence into this game.

Chelsea, winning 12 on the trot, you just know they will be beaten any time soon, especially with how their performances have decreased in quality recently, they struggle for goals and rely on their defensive stability but it is just a matter a time before a perfect defensive record cracks. Without Costa and Kante they are vulnerable and on paper this is a perfect situation to drop points, also worth considering that Bournemouth beat them at the Bridge last year. If you look at their fixture list however, their next two games after Bournemouth are Stoke at home and Spurs away. In my experience, once such a long winning series is interrupted, it takes at least 2 games to shake away the bad results. Since I am pretty confident the scum will be up for it and will beat the chavs, it wouldn’t surprise me if the demise starts at home to Stoke rather than to Bournemouth. Either way, I can’t be confident backing Chelsea to win here either.

Mancs at home to Sunderland. Sunderland who have won 4 times in their last 7 fixtures. United are undefeated in 9, winning 3 on the trot, I feel a defeat is pending for them as well. No matter how unconvincing they have looked again this season, they have only lost 3 times so far and for me they don’t have the quality to get back into a race they fell out of already so early. Pretty soon they will disappoint again and drop points, no confidence in backing them either.

Liverpool at home to Stoke. Same Liverpool with such a rich recent history of domestic failure. Failed to beat a bang average WHU at home vs Stoke who have only lost twice in their last 13 fixtures, once at home and once away to Arsenal, they look pretty solid after what was a shockingly disappointing start to the campaign for them.

I can see all 4 of these going either way. It is also worth mentioning that no big 6 side (Both Manchesters, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool) has lost at home to lesser opposition so far this season. Usually by Christmas you would have at least a couple of upsets for the big teams, more often than not involving Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Mancs recently, even City lost to Stoke and WHU at the Etihad last couple of season. So far the big sides have rediscovered unusual resilience towards losing at home vs lesser sides, Arsenal only lost to Liverpool, Chelsea to Liverpool, United to City, City to Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool are yet to lose at home. I wonder for how much longer they can maintain such consistency.

2 Likes

Holding and Elneny for Gabriel and Coquelin.

Maaaybe Giroud from the start with Alexis, Ozil and Walcott?

2 Likes

Actually wouldn’t mind seeing the side you have selected here.

@Arsenal Two days to go! Remember this one from Alex Hleb at Highbury? #ARSWBA

1 Like

Just look at that beautiful football ground :cry:

10 Likes

I miss it desperately :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes