Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (PL)

Yeah we’ve lost out on two point here. The Iwobi novelty has well and truly worn off, need to be dropped for his own good

2 Likes

What annoys me the most is that we rush to get the ball towards the other end only to slow play down when we get it there and allow their players to regroup and outnumber us.

1 Like

Fuck off! We can never beat these cunts! Two points badly dropped.

Really poor game overall, poor performance by both sides. Spurs will probably be delighted seeing who they were missing.

I’d take Iwobi out of the team, it’s not happening for him at the moment. Tidy enough but offers nothing.

I understand the disappointment with Oxlade-Chamberlain but at least he has a go. Ramsey pisses me off a lot more, one-tempo player that puts his foot on the ball 99% of the time, well that’s when he’s not trying flick ons and nutmegs in his own half.

1 Like

Typical Arsenal today, no Dele Ali, Lamela and Kane at what %60 fitness and that’s what we can manage?

Against the better sides in the league our tactical inadequacies are almost always exposed there were large parts of that game were the team just wasn’t organised, Dembele ran how many yards to get in the box unchallenged. They were allowed to have time and space on the ball time and time again. There was no press and against a team like Spurs you absolutely have to match them in that respect.

Sanchez as a CF still has limitations, he vacates so much space up top and no one fills it. Yes he was trying to make things happen but it was at the expense of having a focal point through the middle.

And when we did give the goal back it was an absolute gift, sad shit.

We lacked that extra something to win today. It tooks us 30 minutes to really get into this game. Our best spell really were the final 15 minutes of the first half. Iwobi should’ve scored. Theo unlucky to hit the post from range. But to go 1-0 up at HT was just what we needed.

Silly penalty to give away so soon into the second half. It gave them a boost. We just never really clicked into gear at all. Some fans I think were a little over confident going into this one. Spurs always seem to turn up for this game. I think the draw would’ve hurt a little less if we hadn’t dropped points recently to Boro, but it’s another draw and another chance to go top totally wasted.

Now we have to go get a result at a ground where we have a truly terrible record at after the International break. Disappointing day.

This game showed why we miss cazorla in an attacking sense but not so much from a defensive sense.

Not just that extra something. We lacked effectively everything. One good phase before half time is all we had to offer. Small chances to steal it here and there but could have very easily lost it too. Just did not live up to how big a game it was for our title chances.

1 Like

Always this rethoric of teams turning up against us. We give teams the opportunity to get results with our slow, uninspiring play.

2 Likes

If you think about the number of last ditch challenges from Monreal (x2 on Kane at the far post), Bellerin, the slip from Cech, Eriksen hitting the post, the low save from Cech. I would credit our two fullbacks for this, but when you’re requiring that many last ditch efforts to save you, I don’t feel that’s a good sign.

Arsenal should’ve lost this game. Pulled a victory out somehow in Bulgaria against a far inferior team. Last minute undeserved winner vs Burnley. Last minute undeserved winner against Southampton. Middlesbrough had the better chances. Should’ve definitely lost away at PSG.

We’ve had strong performances against level opposition just three times this season: Chelsea, Watford and the frankly awful Hull. LudoRaz were cannon fodder at home and it was a different team in the league cup.

Form? What form?

4 Likes

Anyway, to contradict myself slightly, this IS the toughest league in the world and we can and will lose at anytime. It’s just about putting paid to any concept that we’re somehow in a dominant vein of form. Our form is paper thin. Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool will come up against the same problem and unless you’re a proponent of the ‘Chelsea/Liverpool will benefit from no Europe’ theory then expect dropped points and the lead changing hands all season long.

2 Likes

We were shit but Tottenham are on an impressive unbeaten run and their defence is ridiculous.

A team that has serious ambition of winning to the premier league would have beaten what was only an average Tottenham side at home today.

Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool already have that same problem. None of them are convincing.

Although Arsenal are and will be rather predictable. One win, one draw and one loss against top six competition. Perfectly in line with the 11-12 points we got in these games the past 3 years.

1 Like

Their run isn’t that great to be honest, though they do have one helluva defence.

5 wins and 6 draws isn’t the ticket, I’d much rather win 8 lose 3.

We’d have win this if we had Kasper Dolberg

1 Like

Really pathetic performance by us. Only really out played them at the end of the first half. We should have maybe had a couple more goals because of Theo hitting the post and Özil’s miss directly after. And of course Iwobi’s terrible miss.

In the second half spurs had a Kane shocker and Erikson hit the post. Typical spurs though if you’ve been watching then, have a lot of possession but fail to do much with it.

Have to give Spurs credit though unfortunately because they really disrupted Sanchez and Özil and gave them nowhere to pass.

Oh and they’ve still not scored from open play. Probably a deserved result the draw, for both sides.

2 Likes

Absolutely nothing average about this tottenham side. Nothing.