Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (PL)

Yep, we bottled it, but it’s still important not to lose such an important game and go on an unbeaten run.

Man for man they aren’t great at all, it’s primarily their organisation and defensive nous that sets them apart.

How many of them are starting for us? Also their sqaud depth is poor, with Kane out they struggled and if he’s not scoring they’re in big trouble.

Dont get me wrong I think they are a good side on the whole but today the performance they delivered was nothing special and if we were good enough to become Champions I think we would have beaten them today.

Whether or not they start for us has no bearing on them being average.

They have a great manager and are the most solid team in the league by a mile. As you alluded to, defensively they are just quality.

Even Sanchez & Ozil were poor.

1 Like

Rather average game by both teams. Both teams trying their best to score on the break which doesn’t really work if the passing and first touch aren’t really there. In the end it’s 2 points dropped as we should be winning these games at home. Hopefully we’ll at least win the next one when we play against ManUtd.

1 Like

Clattenburg refused to book Wanyama, after the 3rd come on.

Letdown by the performance, expected more and in the 2nd half Spurs had the better of chances, even though it was only 2 clear ones.

Where was the urgency? Haven’t heard the post match yet but I’ll flip if Wenger does the “At least we didn’t lose and we are still unbeaten in 15”

At this moment Chelsea and Liverpool are looking marginally more convincing than the rest of the pack.

All on a knife edge though.

2 Likes

It swings back and forth by the week though. Not too long ago Conte was being questioned. I will admit that Liverpool look the best team in the league and most consistent. I think they’ll trail off as the season goes, but right now yeah they are just destroying people.

That’s why I used the words “at this moment” :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m probably going too die of laughter if Liverpool might finish above Arsenal.

That 2nd half from us was fucking pathetic.We did nothing the whole 2nd half. NOTHING. We scored from fucking own goal and were insanely lucky to not lose this.

Fucking sick of not beating these cunts. Gonna be over three years now when we play them in April. fuck sake

1 Like

It was a shocking mistake by Koscielny to give away the penalty, but did anyone else notice Dembele blatantly pulling Coquelins shirt as he made his way into the box? Surely the referee has to notice things like this?

That being said, a draw overall is probably fair. They started better, we controlled the middle of the match, and in the last 30 mins it could’ve gone either way.

The main thing that frustrated me was that in the final 20 minutes; we didn’t press them at all to win the ball back and they regularly strolled up the pitch unchallenged. Obviously our players were tired at that point but just simply moving towards a player when they’re on the ball limits their options and as the match drew to a close it seemed like no one really cared about winning it. The substitutes were so poor, Ox didn’t have a clue and Ramsey looked pretty out of place. Giroud wasn’t given much to work with but he had to do better with that headed chance.

This is now the third season in a row that the derby has finished one a piece at the Emirates. Overall it’s an extremely frustrating day, especially ahead of a trip to you know where…

Similar to how I’ve died of laughing the past several seasons when we finish above them and spurs and city despite your stupid predictions? Cause that’s a hearty laugh be careful you don’t puncture a testie.

Mine? I’ve never thought in the past years, predicted or expected Liverpool or Tottenham to finish above us. I was really suprised when Liverpool did in 13/14 and that still bugs me.

I was wrong last season with City, obviously, but I still can’t figure out how you can laugh at that or anything else that happened last season. Because we had the GREATEST opportunity in the last 10 year to become Champions, and we STILL blew it. Even when all other teams fail, we still tend to fail with them. If anything last season underlines how much of a joke we are.

And yeah. The degrading of their team and Klopp a bit would make it ironic. I obviously hope it doesn’t happen. But I would laugh my pants off, if it does.

It’s not really tbh. It was said before the match that they haven’t scored from play in five matches. You can make that six now as Kanes goal was to penno. It’s one of the worst unbeaten runs ever haha.

You really right about their impressive defence though

It’s normal to not be 100% focused and fit for a game like this when, three days ago, you have played an intense Champions League game in Bulgaria.

when its the NLD. it fucking isn’t!!!

5 Likes

Oh look, we are in 4th spot.
A kinda cuddly marshmallow feeling.
Normal service resumed.

2 Likes

Spurs played a day after on Wednesday against a better side. Don’t think the travel factor outweighs that… Definitely can’t say we came into the game with anything but a level playing field in terms of tiredness/availability.

4 Likes