Arsenal v Stoke (Premier League)

Nice, way too many are afraid to admit we can even challenge nevermind win it.

Iā€™m confident we can win the league tbh. But then I say that every year :smile:

Thereā€™s a huge difference for Arsenal between can and will. Itā€™s all too predictable season after season so of course most fans wonā€™t get their hopes up. Of course on paper this team is good enough, but injuries to key players, a weak mentality and a frankly tactically average (at times) manager have cost you every year.

4 Likes

robin the smith tackle was unesssesary,malicious and intended to cause injury . shawcross went over the top with intent too. its a piss poor excuse to say i only meant to injure him a bit !

Mark Hughes clearly embarrassed by the chants of the mongoloids, heā€™s never going to actually address it or apologise, so walking out of the press conference is his way of acknowledging that.

2 Likes

His passing is still all over the place. HIs stats might have ended up ok, but he still misplaces or overhits it or doesnā€™t optimize the location of pass for receiver. I remember Fabregas had that uncanny ability to put the ball exactly where it needed to be with the right pace - Xhaka hasnā€™t shown anything near the passing ability I expected.

He got better in the second half - I have seen some signs of improvement, and Iā€™m not trying to pick on him b/c I want him to succeed (we need it), but too many times I am annoyed at the lack of proper passing or recognition, notwithstanding the rash challenges, etc.

Re: the pen, it was harsh b/c it looked accidental, but you donā€™t throw your elbow out that way in a locked fashion when going into a challenge (regardless of whether Allen is a hobbit)ā€¦ it is a bit like a reckless tackle that doesnā€™t always make contact or create a foul - you have to be careful of how your elbows and hands fly up. To me it was 50/50 - the view from the ref based on replays looked pretty bad so while I thought it was unlucky on Xhaka, it was still a valid pen.

Anyway, I expect him to get a lot better based on advertisement and want more from him. He should be pinging it around more fluidly and instinctively and accurately for me. In a few cases he has shown he can do this and does have an eye for a long through ball which we absolutely need without Santi. Saying that, Le Coq is showing a lot more passing nous than I expected and his skill set continues to impress - if they can both get it right, they could be a very solid platform at CM/DLP.

To compare him with Cesc is a bit unfair though. Cesc is probably the best passer, long and short range, in the Premier League over the last 10 years.

Thatā€™s trueā€¦ but I certainly expected better passing based on advertisement. He isnā€™t mobile, has issues with tackling/discipline, and other than an occasional cannon shot, what is he offering for classic DLP qualities (i.e., passing and positioning)?

1 Like

in terms of the game Stoke was a bannana skin we didnt slip on . Charley Adam threw himself into Xhaka to get the penalty. Mak Hughes cheating team quelle suprise. but even their fairy blue outfits coukdnt save them. easy win in the end. We wont win the league but we going ok.

1 Like

Still canā€™t see how the Ref gave that pen fps.
2 players came together. End of.
No intention at all. Stoke wanker ran into us.

That to me is 2 soft penā€™s given against us.
Looks like ref s 'are still after us.

3 Likes

LENNY??? Is that you?

Is it my imagination or have you reappeared after a long absence???

1 Like

I love how people are still rediscovering Len, even after a month of him returning :smiley:

5 Likes

[quote=ā€œInvincibleDB10, post:55, topic:1000ā€]
Although I think we have far to much in our attack for them too handle so maybe a 3-1 win
[/quote]Hooray

[quote=ā€œInvincibleDB10, post:55, topic:1000ā€]
I just hope we donā€™t get any injuries as well.
[/quote]Boo

2 Likes

Itā€™s the dithering old Pollack himself lounge. Disillusioned to fkk. Hope everything is ok with you n yours pal.

1 Like

^^^ :joy: :joy:

Welcome back - so glad to see you here and same to you.