Arsenal v Stoke (Premier League)

Every goal of every game played that day can be found here. Just click new for the very recent ones.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/

2 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if knowing about r/soccer is worth it.

The gifs and streams are an absolute gold mine but the fucking cringe is practically life threatening. I swear r/gunners has had about 30 threads this week about Alexis and his fucking dogs. Grown ass men literally swooning over another blokes dogs.

4 Likes

I like /soccer. Can get some decent trivia stuff/news there aswell as the gifs and streamables. /Gunners I never go to. Just don’t feel the need to.

disgusting human beings. Then on the other hand we have fans wishing injury on our own players, not sure which is more despicable.

4 Likes

Only worth it for the weekly reminder that ManUtd are setting a new negative record and that C. Ronaldo has one more goal then he had last week.

You’d enjoy r/gunners. With your overly sensitive moral compass you’d fit right in.

2 Likes

It’s called maturity, not overly sensitive moral compass. You’ll get it one day.

Not fucking likely.

1 Like

Always good to clobber the troglodytes, although they do play different than they used to.

Can’t complain today other than Xhaka having a bit of a shock-a again :ozil:

Good performance after a slow start and capitulating the pen. Special note for Theo who I thought was excellent… Ox too much to expect another good performance in a row. Ozil just redonkulous and decent job of team defending after missing Moose and having Gabby slot in middle - which was a bit of a silver lining since it brought Bellerin back in, who was excellent and really gave Theo a chance to equalize with his run and cross.

Smart, smart subs today too… well done Le Boss.

And on that note we can at least agree that Archer is a brilliantly chosen profile pic by you :smiley:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/goonergordo/status/807672475496706049

4 Likes

Think it’s just called an overly sensitive moral compass tbh.

Victim-complex Mark Hughes is my favorite Mark Hughes.

3 Likes

On one front, I do kinda admire GG’s sheer optimism against all else, but really, every other Gooner has every right to feel skeptical and play things down, go in with our hopes very cautiously.

We’ve been in this position several times over the past decade where we look very good and then conceive to mess it up somewhere in the second half. The one that hurts the most is 07/08. We had a bloomin brilliant team that season and played such excellent Football. IIRC, we’d only lost one league game by the time we made that dreaded trip to Birmingham in mid February.

The Eduardo leg break, plus throwing away the win in the same game, completely changed us after that. In the final 12 games, we ended up winning just 5 of them (4 in the final 4 games when our chances were over), drawing 5 and losing the other two. We went on to finish just four points off the title. Literally improving two results would’ve been enough, but we totally blew it in a bad way.

So my general point is, we do have a very good team right now with great cover, and great hopes, but all it takes is one stupid injury to a key player, or the team getting complacent, and we’re back to square one. Until we actually get across the finish line and actually do it, there will always be cause for doubt.

2 Likes

What the hell’s your problem with Xhaka :joy: Been a breath of fresh air in these last few games.

You have a lot of things.

Maturity isn’t one of them.

Anyone know where I can catch some extended highlights of the game?

You really aren’t the only one that thinks we can win it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
1 Like