Alexis Sánchez

Right decision by Wenger in terms of the ‘no player is bigger than the Club / squad unity’ angle, but the bigger picture is that Sanchez has probably shown a remarkable level of patience to get this far before snapping.

Wenger’s not ignorant of the consequences but seeing as he knows he’s leaving and Sanchez is leaving too, he’s not really going to care all that much about the prospect of a Sanchez-less Arsenal next season

2 Likes

He is so gone.

1 Like

I’m with Alexis. I want to win, he wants to win important trophies, but I’m against him when he starts to be the typical south american player. Try to watch Higuain last year: they want to dictate, be on pedestal and judge the others.

It was clear something had happened behind the scenes. You could see the difference he made after he came off the bench.

Thanks god he is not joining another Premier League club.

Pastore, but he is always injured.

Absolutely right decision to drop Sanchez though, even if it does seem a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You can’t let a player behave the way Sanchez apparently does, club > any player. Conte did the same thing to Costa - though Conte had the balls to not even name Costa in the matchday squad!

Having said that, Alexis is bang on and has every right to be frustrated. But perhaps he needs to work on the way he expresses this frustration to his team mates.

Sanchez is a winner surrounded by mediocre players, who have a losers mentality.
He is the only player in our squad with Wenger’s famous mental strength.

So I have a question anyone who questions his motives for causing trouble.
What possible reason would a footballer at his peak, who is a world class talent, who could walk into any first team of any club in Europe, and play for the best managers in the world have, for wanting to stay here?

Like all our other best players, he has realised we have a manager that refuses to strengthen the first team and who is no where near winning the PL or CL.

All our other previous best players went on to win the top trophies, why should Sanchez not do the same?
He deserves it.

Arsenal have tried to turn the fans against Alexis with this and it’s went the other way and the fans are even more angry with the club now.

Love it. :joy:

1 Like

Can only image the atmosphere on tuesday and on saturday.

He can’t make Francis Coquelin less rubbish tho. He’s just going to have to quit Arsenal and find some better teammates!

I never thought I’d see the day when Arsenal fans defend such brazen unprofessionalism from one individual. Arguments and bust ups are to be expected but storming out of training? Completely unacceptable no matter the circumstances around the club.

5 Likes

Arsenal Media Relations likes this.

2 Likes

When you only have one top quality player, I think it’s best if you show him the respect he deserves.

If you think we should back a manager that has caused these problems, then you clearly have no problem with us p[laying in the Europa League next season.

All Sanchez has done, is highlight the problems at the club.

The board love supporters like you,
Always defend them and the manager, and blame the player who has got us top four football last season.

What would you rather have, a club full of people like Sanchez, or a club full of people like Wenger and Kroenke?

Alexis is nobody to judge the others, he is a player like the others. If he isn’t satisfied about the choice made three years ago, he can sign the transfer request and find a new club capable to pay the price to buy him.

I could be with him because the base of the discussion is the importance to have great players, the winning mentality (Alexis hasn’t that) and the passion to conquer result and trophies. It’s ok, but you can’t judge your team mates, you can’t be a showman on the pitch, you can’t smile on the bench when we are 1-0 down.

If anyone wants to leave, for me the door is open.

1 Like

I’ve defended Alexis’ professionalism but I kinda have to agree with this.

Bust ups with the manager is one thing, also, but with your teammates? That’s just immaturity and lack of self-control tbh, yeah Ox and co. are shit and seem to be kinda annoying on a personal level but falling out with teammates achieves nothing and is just petulant. Tbh, there’s a limit, people talk about Alexis’ how he can’t stop, how he can’t help himself, etc., it makes him sound like a 5 yr old actually, in all that we might forget that he’s a grown ass man. And if you’re an idiot savant, you better either be Messi or the harmless type like Özil, and by the looks of it Alexis is neither.

I’d wager a strong bet that Arteta had his fair share of disagreements with Wenger, and didn’t agree with his tactics a lot of the time, but you didn’t see this shit happen with him, he handled himself like a professional and left the club professionally and without acrimony, despite going to work under a direct rival. Disagreeing with the manager and the players he surrounds you with, in this case, is totally appropriate, we all get that, and all agree with it (minus perhaps @Trion), but there are ways and there are ways, and tbh I think Sevchenko is right to say people are alarmingly quick to excuse this type of behaviour.

6 Likes

Do you justify the bust ups against the manager but not against the players? You can’t use double standards…

Bust ups with the manager can be normal and healthy if handled correctly. For instance it’s totally natural for a top-level player to have a bust up with the manager when he’s left out, to a certain point that kind of drive and self-belief is healthy and needed in a top level player, and part of a managers’ job is to deal with this sort of thing, it’s part of their training and job description. But I can’t really think of a circumstance where it’s okay to blatantly have a bust up with your teammates–I don’t mean the types where you’re yelling at eachother in the dressing room or on the pitch, those too can be healthy and natural–like this, if reports are to be believed. Players should push eachother, get angry with eachother occasionally, demand everything they can of eachother, but acting like cunts toward eachother is a lack of professionalism and maturity/self-control.

We don’t know the full story, so practically everyone is shooting in the dark.

Perhaps it was leaving training that resulted in being benched rather than the actual disagreements with other players, hell players have fought in training before and not been benched in following games.

Yes there is a lack of professionalism on Alexis’ part but the shit is understandable, the majority of these other players are soft as hell and it must be infuriating sharing the same oxygen as them at the best of times.