Alexis Sánchez

Wenger will stay and Alexis will go that’s the reality of the situation :joy:

2 Likes

What you have to do is sit down with Sanchez and give him what he wishes. If he wants to leave then we should sell him. However we should convince him to sign an extension so we can get the money we deserve.

Make your mind up!

Edit: I hate swearing so have omitted my language :mustafi:

We need to sit him down and say we are going to splash the cash in the Summer and do everything we can to get a manager like Simeone or Allegri.

2 Likes

Not sure lying is the answer

3 Likes

Haha so true. Sanchez is gone basically, Ozil we have a chance of keeping because I think he enjoys Wenger’s lack of strictness on his players.

2 Likes

Lol i mean we should tell him to sign an extension so that his price tag will go back up to 70m or so because he’s under contract for 5 years, if he does so we’ll sell him immediately. It could be a little, scratch our back we scratch yours thing.

1 Like

Lol Alexis! :mustafi: Read what happened in the shower.

1 Like

“The boys were all happy in the dressing room but Alexis came to me in the shower and he’s like ‘My friend are you going to score?! Oh no my friend… I passed you the ball, you have a cup of tea, you wait… and then you shoot!’.

“I was just laughing like ‘Yeah, sorry my friend…’ He always wants assists, he wants goals and that’s what makes him the player he is. He’s always hungry for that and he passes that onto us all. We’ve got a lot of those sorts of characters in the team.

1 Like

This is good for us but isn’t a good move for Team Alexis, as it makes him less financially attractive to Juventus

1 Like

This is exactly the type of player we should be harvesting/building/finding. Brilliant and yet never satisfied. The top, top athletes in the world share this.

3 Likes

If that’s what life is going to be like post Alexis, like we saw in the first half today, then god help us. Second half looked so much better once he came on, but the damage was done. We have to do everything we can to keep him. But I can’t see how we can persuade him to stay here, when he deserves so much better.

3 Likes

We saw a glimpse of a post-Alexis Arsenal today. It’s going to be near impossible to replace him, no way will we find anyone with his quality willing to join us.

Worrying times

2 Likes

We improved when he came on but thought he still made some poor decisions out there.
If he goes I think he is easier to replace than RVP.

1 Like

Considering that we did a decent job at compensating for RVP at the time he left with multiple signings I think losing Alexis may end up being the bigger blow, knowing that we’re not going to strengthen the whole squad the same way we did back then.

So, on an individual player basis I agree but as a team I think we’re going to struggle next season without some bigger changes at the same time.

Id agree tbf. One thing this time though I dont think we will be expecting a title challenge. Even though most on here have been pessimistic in the past theres always been a belief that we should.
I think that might make a difference especially with a new manager and give sometime to replacing Sanchez.

1 Like

Tbh I think it should be clear to anyone that if he leaves there’s not going to be much hope immediately after as in next season and so depending on if there’s really someone else managing there will hopefully be some leeway in terms of expectations. So yea, there’s going to be some time and we’ll eventually compensate for losing him but it’s probably not going to happen straight away.

2 Likes

The fucking thing is I thought we were past selling our best players when we signed Özil and Alexis.

Arsenal were back after the early Emirates years.

How fucking wrong I was. There both gone and we can’t use the we need to afford the stadium BS.

Yet again it’s all your fault Wenger you fucking fraud

Wenger has well and truly fucked us in recent years especially. No matter how far he’s taken us we are 100% falling many steps behind once he’s forced to go. The man has failed miserably and caused a lot of irreparable damage too.

1 Like

Dropping also hinted at the fact Wenger isn’t so concerned with keeping him happy.

More shit that doesn’t bode well, becoming more and more clear that he’s off come summer.