Alexis Sánchez

I think 400k was supposed to be 300k, but it was a typo.

And people are just running with it.

1 Like

400k was reportedly what he was asking of Bayern too, I think he has one club in his mind that he wants to join and if anyone else wants him they’ll have to pay way over the odds.

We pay him more than 100k a week now, saying we’re probably offering him about 100k is so stupid lol

I meant 100k more than we are willing to give him, which is around 300k.
I’ve just edited it.

1 Like

400K a week is ridiculous. Even an elite team like Bayern aren’t willing to pay that, no matter how good he is.

He has flaws in his game that stop him from being that 400k player. Only Messi and Ronaldo are worth that. If that reported sum is true, then move to China mate.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/882670630679851012

2 Likes

This story does smell like it’s been designed to pave the way for Alexis to Man City.

It’s way more palatable to label Alexis a greedy cunt and City as mental bastards than the alternative of him wanting away for a league title.

11 Likes

Sell him at this point and get Mahrez and Lemar.

We should just call his bluff and offer him the money.

Hah that’d show him!

We should just keep him and let him walk for free in 12 months, its not like we are going to get a great fee for him anyways.

2 Likes

100% guarantee if we gave him hat contract his body will finally give up

I’d say don’t even bother offering him a new contract and let him run his contract down and add his wage rise to what we’re offering Ozil

1 Like

We know it’s true, because that bastion of honesty John Cross says so.

1 Like

TBH he can just fuck off to Alexis FC, where Alexis will bring the ball out from the back and pass it only to Alexis who will be allowed to leave his position up field to drop deep to pick up the ball. He then can then dribble past the half of the opposition team and pass it to Alexis who will try and play a though ball at every single fucking time he receives the ball anywhere around the box. When the ball will finally reaches Alexis inside the penalty area he will take multiple touches, cut in from the left and shoot at goal like it was a black man and he was a police officer in the US. If anyone other than Alexis loses the ball, he’ll be allowed throw a hissy fit and at times when he feels like, he can choose to chace the ball like a rabid dog disregarding all positional discipline. If the team still doesn’t win, Alexis will be allowed to behave like a 4 year old who has been denied his 5th popsicle. He also has the right to decide his own wage and can at any point decide that he’ll be the highest paid player in Europe. Additional clause also allows him to have the right to overrule the manager if the manager takes him off at any point during the game. And did I mention the dogs…

5 Likes

3 year deal at £300k is what he should receive, more than fair in this market and would make him one of the highest paid in the world.

2 Likes

He is by far and away our best player and is one of the best in Europe in his position.
For us to find a replacement, as good as him, is going to cost around 10mm, and there is no way a footballer who is that good is going to be attracted to a club where the best players want to leave.
So if we want him we have to pay the going rate, unless you want Walcott playing in that position.
Mahrez would seem the obvious choice as a replacement, but I would prefer a midfield with Sanchez, Ozil and Mahrez, than Mahrez replacing Sanchez.

1 Like

I honestly don’t give much cred to this rumour about 400k per week. Rather let him run out his contract, get injured and beg to stay for half of that come January.

2 Likes

Hi all,

See today’s blog where I discuss Alexis’ crazy salary demands. Let me know your thoughts

https://woolwichmemoirs.com/2017/07/06/thursday-6-july-2017/

go away.

I’m speaking for myself; but cmon, be a little more subtle in self-promoting your articles, and maybe contribute to the discussion a bit more here…

12 Likes

A crazy thought came to my mind this morning while I was thinking about this whole Alexis saga. Is it possible that it’s not just Alexis who is stalling the negotiations? Is it possible that maybe Wenger is not too keen on holding on to Sanchez given how reluctant Alexis has been to sign an extension, his age, his tantrums last season etc? Maybe there is some truth to the Mbappe links and Arsene is trying to get him as a replacement and if he can, he will let Sanchez go, which probably explains why this whole Sanchez thing is taking so long.

Think about it, Mbappe is young, skillful, still in his formative years and is french, basically, exactly how Wenger likes his players. Wenger knows he can shape Mbappe into exactly the kind of player he needs, while also influencing the kind of person he becomes, someone who will stay loyal for long enough.

Like I said, a crazy thought.

2 Likes