Alexis Sánchez

But if Sanchez was really asking 400000£-a-week to stay who could afford him?

I don’t think City even would. Possibly China. Maybe AC Milan? Lol

1 Like

I think that’s what Wenger might like to happen but realistically we aren’t getting Mbappe and Sanchez wants to leave because he wants to win things.

I think he is asking for 400k a week from us because he knows we won’t pay it, and it’s like saying, I want to win the PL and CL, and if you’re not going to give me that opportunity, then I want plenty of money instead.
That is of course, if he, or his agent, have asked for that much.

I think Wenger gets to decide whether or not Sanchez stays in the squad but I would think business has to take precedence here and it’s just bad business to let a player like Sanchez be in the last year of his contract.

Anyway by all accounts there is no stalling, we are supposed to have offered huge money and there’s still no deal.

Sanchez is asking for 400k to force a move to City for 250k.

He’s just trying to make it untenable for Arsenal to keep him, if any of this is true.

It’s untenable for Arsenal to keep him anyway if he won’t sign though. He could just say he won’t sign a new deal and then it’s pretty much guaranteed that he’s sold. Not sure why he’d waste his time even asking a club whose top earner is on £140k for £400k, unless it’s some kind of technicality where he wants more of his image rights and that translates into an extra £100k by some guy’s estimation. All it does is delay his transfer elsewhere which can only be a bad thing for him.

If I was to guess if this figure had any reality in the negotiations then it’s probably more likely the club’s people spreading this to make it seem like he couldn’t be reasoned with and there was nothing we could do. They can say we offered superstar wages and he wouldn’t play ball.

1 Like

Perfectly normal to ask for a competative salary based on performance in any high profile job.

Honestly who gives a fuck what the number is, just pay the man. We have the resources and should be facilitating what we can, when we can.

He’s 29 and will want a 4 year contract, That’s £75m for a player that is very unlikely to stay at his current level for more than 1/2 seasons more IMO

I’d much rather spend hat £75m on Lamar and or mbappe myself

5 Likes

Why is it very unlikely he stays at this level? Are you seeing signs of him slowing down?

Also, if you think 75m gets you Lamar AND Mbappe, then you are sadly mistaken.

Because he refuses to let his body recoup at all, ever

Insists he plays every minute of every game possible and hasn’t had even a small summer break for 4 seasons it is now I think?

Their is no way Sanchez is still an elite player at 32 imo

2 Likes

Perhaps, however without any sign of his body failing just yet It’s nothing more than an uninformed assumption.

2 Likes

Think it’s hard to judge Alexis’ physique at this point. The guy doesn’t get injured for long periods of time (has he ever in his career?) and he’s a player that blows a whole tank in one game. However, being a flair player, time is against him, it’s just a case of when will his body give in. He’s mental enough to play through niggly injuries to kick a ball for 90 mins or fly half way around the world for a game of 5-a-side in Tocopilla :sanchez2:

1 Like

it’s an assumption based on the fact that he’s is still a human being regardless of how well his body has held up thus far, Eventually it will fail him and if be willing to bet that will be within the next year or 2

A long-term contract at 400k p/w would be brutal, real chance of 2/3 seasons of a very different Alexis.

7 Likes

It’s an assumption. Lets leave it there.

Ffs…

fuck it why don’t we offer him a 8 year contract, your just assuming he will eventually have to retire one day

1 Like

Teams will pay him 400k a week via a signing on fee. Think Ibrah was on 500k a week for about a year with signing on fee plus wages.

I don’t think it’s in Alexis plan to leave this year because then he can’t get a huge signing on fee when he’s a free agent.

Even if it was he could change his game just like Ronaldo did, he doesn’t dribble anywhere near as much and plays a lot more closer to goal like a roaming CF.

Not that I buy the figure of 400K a week anyway, reeks of spin.

Or it is just a way to force a move. Sneaky bastard :wink: