Alexis Sánchez

Best comment ever. :joy:

Higuain failed the medical for a back problem.

Sanchez, Ozil AND Lacazette in one team?

7 Likes

And Rooney? Guys a bullshit merchant.

Choice is yours…Alexis…

https://twitter.com/OhGunners/status/881788461354590209

3 Likes

I can see Sanchez staying . What other team can he move to where he’ll be the player who grabs all the limelight.
It’ll be exciting times WHEN he signs a contract extension.

3 Likes

I’ve made the argument for players joining clubs like United in 5th place because you sign a 4 year deal not a 1 year deal and it’s feeling a bit like that for Alexis to me.

I don’t think there’s any front 3 in the league that are head and shoulders above ours now. If we’re playing a 343 our only weaknesses are maybe Ramsey and Cech (assuming Kolasinac works out). If we at least bought someone to improve on Ramsey (or at least play instead of him since he’ll still be an important player and have plenty of minutes but I’d like to have a different type of midfielder available too) and Sanchez doesn’t have a terrible relationship with Wenger, maybe Arsenal is a decent shout for him to commit that time to if he’s also getting superstar money.

We’re a signing or two away from a good team. If those signings happen then he could do a lot worse than stay here.

That should be the Arsenal motto :grinning:

8 Likes

Along with ‘we almost got him’

2 Likes

Ray Parlour was stating that Alexis wants £400k p/w.

Not many clubs can offer that, let alone would want to.

Sounds like bullshit; £300k, sure. No more you greedy bastard.

1 Like

Don’t really think he cares about limelight as least not as much as winning shit.

If that’s the only reason for him staying be prepared to be disappointed.

400k a week is more than any player has ever earned in England. By a wide margain. I’ve no idea how good Rays sources are put I doubt any club in England pays that much in the next 5 years unless Messi signs for city.

In theory Alexis can demand a 50m signing on fee plus top wages if he leaves on a free next summer. Baring that in mind 400k a week is what he thinks he’s due as crazy as it sounds. Either that or a Chinese club are offering crazy money in fee/wages right now.

If it is true (i seriously doubt) then he can literally fuck right off. No way is he worth over £20m a year in wages and he needs to wind his fucking neck in.

Funny you mention that, him being the main man was exactly why him joining us was hailed as a good thing.

Now it seems he needs to not be the main man in order to fulfil his needs.

I don’t think he can. There is maybe one team willing to pay such an amount and who knows what shiny new player will be around next season if they don’t sign him this summer. Like I say, I doubt we will see that level of wages in the next 5 years.

Did he really ask for those money? It’s more than CR7 and Messi!

As much as I want him to stay, £400k a week is ridiculous and he’s not worth that. Crazy demands.

1 Like

He won’t get that anywhere bar China, so I can’t see him leaving this summer if that’s the case.

1 Like

So what.
He wants 400k a week.
It’s probably about 100k a week more than we are willing to give him but he is the best player in the PL, so give him what he is worth.
If we sell him we are only going to get a downgrade which means we should keep him.
This is the sort of player that makes a good team a great team, and is the difference between challenging for the PL title or the fourth place trophy.

Just give him and Ozil what they want and buy a top quality replacement for Cazorla.

If Wenger was serious about spending 125m on Mbappe, then 46m on Lacazette, giving Ozil and Sanchez a pay rise and getting a player like Cazorla is well within our reach.

This transfer window is going to define Wenger, and if he doesn’t do at least this then we know he hasn’t changed.