Alexis Sánchez

No its both mate. Yeah Wenger the bigger culprit but theirs not one of them faultless when you lose 5 1 in munich. To a man they were crap at Chelsea and fucking gutless last season when a title was there for the taking.

4 Likes

I’m on the fence. On the one hand it’s a shitfuck of a situation where we’re likely to lose both of our world class players in one window (I bet Ozil is appreciating all this spotlight on Alexis :grin:) so I would prefer to halt the failure for a year and only lose one of them because then we’re basically rolling back 4 years. For a new coach I’d want to give him the best tools to get straight to business. If we aren’t getting a new manager I think we might as well just sell though and go into “transition” again.

Looking at the reports that we’re only offering our star player £180,000 a week it feels to me like we’re still not ready to play in the big leagues yet so we’d be better off with a Dortmund style model where they bring in a lot of talent and hope they grow together.

The more likely reality is we actually won’t pay the big wages and we won’t commit to so many young gambles so we’ll stay in no man’s land.

I just wish we had a future. 4 years ago you thought if Ox, Gibbs, Ramsey, Kos, Wilshere, Szczesny can improve and we sign a couple of players we could have a team here. Wenger made that big speil about even if we have money he wants half the team to be produced by us but now I just think, well Iwobi might be a decent player and then Bellerin is obviously good but that’s about it.

That Dortmund would be fine in Germany were they can still challenge domestically but in England your Southampton with that model imo.

Except Dortmund sign better players than Southampton do so I’m not too sure how you’ve managed to come to that conclusion.

[quote=“Maxi_Gooner, post:1892, topic:98, full:true”]

Congratulations to be an eagle on the tree which wait our loss to say you was right.

If I’m not a perfect fan, you’re 100% worst than me.
[/quote]I have had the sort of nonsense and insults from posters like you in the last few seasons too many times.
Just because you didn’t see this coming isn’t my fault.
Just keep coming back with the childish insults, something which I have never done to you.

How are you a better supporter than me?
It’s supporters like you that have consistently backed Wenger and the board that have meant we have stagnated.
Seriously, will you ever say you want a new manager, or do you want him to sign a new contract?

Okay so im maybe coming from the angle of southampton bringing their own players through and then selling at the first opportunity similar the way Dortmund cant hold onto their players.
Personally think the whole Dortmund model now has run its course in terms of challenging at the top.

It’s too soon to say that. This is really the first season of rebuilding post-Klopp and they’ll have a couple of changes to make still (Aubameyang).

Looks happy enough.

Look how many years we need to rebuild after RVP’s departure.
Dortmund lost Lewy, lost Hummels, lost the prime Gotze and Kagawa (they are average/below this season), lost Mkhitaryan, probably going to lose Aubameyang also… their rebuilding job will be much much tougher.

1 Like

Guys talk… doesn’t reflect much.

With Bartra, Dembele, Guerreiro, Pulisic and next season Isak they’ve already planted the seeds. You just can’t write them off yet, it may well be they don’t compete/perform in the future. But now it’s just too early too tell.

It will take time to find out if those replacements are enough, or they are just “adequate”.
In the meantime, they are far behind from Bayern.

1 Like

Well yeah…that is my point. We still need to see how this Dortmund team carries on.

Teams in transition usually fall behind the League winners.

1 Like

Nah, hes transfer request has been granted…

1 Like

Gabriel: Wenger had accepted my transfer request
Sanchez: Welcome on board… keep in touch
Perez: hmm… let me tell my agent to force a transfer also…

1 Like

Personally couldn’t give a fuck what Wenger “says”
As we know it’s all PR BS

This thread has erupted :wilshere:

Arise Sir Stroller .
Spot on !

Personally I don’t feel like money is really the main force here. Obviously it plays a part but when the success on the pitch isn’t anywhere near you can pay them 250k or whatever and they’ll still want to move to a club that offers them a decent amount of money and a chance to compete at the highest level. That isn’t saying that we won’t need to break the bank in the future as honestly the drawing power this club has at the moment is miles away from what it should be but at least for now I think with the players we have it isn’t quite yet the deciding factor.

The thing is that it could also be better to give a new manager more budget to actually rebuild in a way he himself wants. We’ll have to see though, it could very well be that the person in charge this summer will think that keeping him around for another year is the preferable option. No matter who that person will be, there is going to be at least 2 months to make that decision.

Spot on. I also don’t have hope for either of those things to happen.

Sad but true. I just can’t believe that a manager that used to be at the top of the game can’t put together a core of players you’d actually want to watch every week and where you’d think they have a future as Arsenal players. It wouldn’t even be so much of a stretch to think that Wenger could have made the best out of developing talent and actually making some money off the market beginning some years ago but these days you look at the squad and there’s just no hope for most of them and we won’t even get any decent money from selling anyone.

When the inevitable change comes I fear that the club will be in a worse position with every year going by. For the time being there’s nothing to look at and believe that there’s real hope or exciting time to come…

Tbf our players at the youth ranks are quite interesting, aside from Holding who you haven’t mentioned. Maitland-Niles, Jeff, Malen, Willock, Nketiah, Bielik, Dragomir maybe, and of course Nelson. It’s a really strong group. There’s a lot for a new manager to work with, tbh, it’s just a matter of a few new first team signings (midfielder or two, attacking player or two or three depending on Özil and Alexis, ah and left back, how can I forget). In terms of youth we’re definitely in much better shape now than we were in the time frame you say.