Alexis Sánchez

Wenger “there was an incident but it’s resolved and we’ve moved on now.”

Press " Wenger confirms bust up with Sanchez, fueling speculation he will be leaving this June"

Darkseid “Why publicise this and not just deny it and keep as much as possible internal”

7 Likes

Eh no, they’re going to print stuff anyway, acknowledging it to some degree takes the sting out of it.

Denying it in the face of overwhelming evidence is foolhardy.

Congratulations to be an eagle on the tree which wait our loss to say you was right.

If I’m not a perfect fan, you’re 100% worst than me.

Who said Alexis is the problem?

You should stop to mystify my words.

Recently, Allegri sent Bonucci, Litchsteiner and Dybala out of squad, Conte sent Diego Costa out of squad, Sarri sent Insigne out of squad for similar reasons and every fans were with them because no one player is bigger than the club and can think to dictate and discuss every decision made.

If the story about Alexis is true, like Giroud out of squad in the past for the Bayern Munich game, Arsène has my totally support. If Arsène decided to drop the chilean for a tactical reason, I’m against him.

Tbh if the players he is arguing with are scrubs like Ox and Ramsey then whatever.

Bit as sev has been saying Alexis has taken this ‘warrior’ shite a bit far lately. Well I thought he took it far last season at times too. It is a shame we rely on him so much that we can’t really make an example of him yet, as Chelsea did with Costa or we risk getting humped on the regular.

Wenger was right to bench him.

Not really sure what to think, but honestly if ones was to go, I would rather Ozil stayed. A good new manager who could get the players Ozil needs to build around… It could he great. Alexis could cause problems no matyer who or what is involved. No wonder Pep beat him lol.

Obviously I would rather he stayed though.

I’m curious why people are so sure we’re just going to bend over and sell Alexis in the summer. Okay, maybe if we get a massive offer for him and have a replacement ready, but otherwise? RvP was a while back now, and the club were in a slightly different economic situation and the market was also quite different. Wenger’s comments seem to suggest he’s willing to play hardball. I can see it going either way but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion as people are making out, tbh. Especially if there’s a new manager (please god).

1 Like

I think he is 100% right on calling out his team mates. If they put in half the effort Sanchez does in most games then we would be in a far better position then we are now

Got no problem with Wenger dropping him either if he has been unprofessional in any way. Id of dropped him completely though and just said he had a knock. Putting him on the bench is just opening yourself up for more criticism

Depends on how determined Alexis is to move, if he goes out of his way to be a negative influence and just doesn’t give a shit then he’d force their hand.

However, I don’t think it’s in him to not give everything on a consistent basis so he’d most likely play his heart out if they refused to sell.

Is a bit pointless prolonging the inevitable like Dortmund did with Lewandowski by making him leave on a free, why not sell for as much as possible and use the funds to find some kind of replacement? Though I’m not at all optimistic we’d be getting in a player of equal quality.

“iskillzy60 - Does this mean you’re staying?”

4 Likes

Well whaddayaknow, Alexis Sanchez has a PR department too :thinking:

Talking of PR, the Arsenal department have well and truly thrown Sanchez under the bus

All papers running that bust up story at once. Thats definitley been leaked by the club imo

1 Like

The timing was very suspicious.

Seems Alexis is on his own charm offensive now.

Clear as day from Sanchez. He’s tired of the feable players around him not pulling their weight as he does. The players around him aren’t shit but do lack effort and will power which is just as bad as being talentless. Too many comfortable players here just going through the motions and not looking to stand up and be counted.

The only failure is not trying - Pick most of the squad as to whom that is aimed at lol

I do hope he means “let’s go Gunners” and not “let go Gunners” with the typo at the end there. Changes the message slightly :speak_no_evil:

Exactly my thoughts. If we were serious about keeping him this whole contract saga would have been over months ago but now it’s merely a matter of making the smarter decision and if he doesn’t miraculously decide to stay, depending on who the manager is, it will be better to take the money and rebuild straight away.

Full transcript on Sanchez

maybe he picked on Ozil, hence Ozils run away…
This is definitely a gift from the club to the press… Damage limitation on behalf of Wenger…

Wengers staying…

Players are not our problem. Wenger is the problem.

1 Like