Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

Is Benayoun available for a loan option?

You saved my day !

NO club spills what their spending ability for the summer is. Arsenal is the only club of whom I read this ‘war chest’ stories regularly anyway. I wonder why they do so.

Oh. And Moyes complaining how he had no budget at Everton stayed with me.

1 Like

It’s strange that Gazidis and Wenger were the ones who brought this up, saying we aren’t afraid to spend, and can afford anyone, yet after every transfer window pleading poverty.

I suggest we raise ticket prices.

1 Like

Allegri will never come with such a tight budget. I am resigned to Arteta.

Raging about the Tuchel business though.

Would have been absolutely perfect for what the board were looking for.

Out of respect for Wenger ffs. What a dumb reason not to secure one of the best managers available.

Why the hell did PSG even go for him, cunts. Shoulda stayed in their lane with Enrique/Conte/Poch.

Well, I guess everything happens for a reason and maybe it was our destiny to miss out on Tuchel and get Arteta who will be just as good and usher in a new era of amazingness!!!

(Just to balance out the above wrist-slitting)

5 Likes

I wonder how serious of an option Allegri was anyway. Like has been addressed here. Completely different profile than Arteta or Vieira or even Tuchel who was supposed to be the dream candidate.

2 Likes

Great positivety mate ! Maybe we should just embrace the 50 mil kitty and imagine the scenes when Artetadonna lifts the prem next season.

Exactly. You just can’t expect that someone like Allegri would be happy with only 50 mil to spend.

It’s probably just bullshit to dampen clubs absolutely fleecing us.

3 Likes

The 50m should just about get us a decent replacement for Kos.
So maybe we’ll just have to wait, like we did for RVP’s replacement, to get a GK, CM and winger.

2 Likes

Genius

I agree.
Money doesn’t grow on trees.
Apart from on Kroenke’s ranch.

Moley ftw

https://twitter.com/moleyfootball/status/997417591756017666?s=20

1 Like

Unless it actually comes from the financial mouth at The Emirates how on Earth does the various media outlets know what money is available?
Answer- they don’t

Interesting Allegri still in the mix. Still think the jobs Arteta’s tho.

I doubt he was ever interested in the first place.

To be fair, and I know this will be unpopular, but it might be that Bellerin, Kola, Xhaka, Wilshere, Mustafi etc. all massively step it up in a new system with new tactics under a new manager.

It is absolutely not unheard of of some players raising their level significant in a new system. Even Maldini and Baresi would have looked shit under Wenger the last few years.

Add in to that £50m to buy a top quality player somewhere in defence and we could be achieving much better next season.

That said £50m still sounds like bollocks.

4 Likes

Agree cristo.

The sky isn’t really falling haha

1 Like