West Ham v Arsenal (PL)

That doesn’t change the point @Cristo made though? I think Chelsea got 9 points out of the high profile games, we’ve got 5.

I’m solely replying to the “it’s just west ham” part of that.

Great game and great results - well done, boys.

Finally got to watch the full 90 - there were patches where we were sketchy and we were a tad lucky not to concede the equalizer at about 52-53 minutes IIRC, but there were also periods where we were just dominant and fluid and fun to watch - need more of that, please. Thought our defending for their goal was ridiculous, even if it was a lucky bounce.

Ozil, Sanchez, and Le Coq were immense… the rest of the team did well and even Gabby at RB did ok. Ox actually had a good game and took his goal really, really well. Having seen the way he can strike the ball, that is in his locker if he can get his head right and play actual football.

Sanchez experiment looks concluded and I have to say, despite my misgivings, it has increasingly worked and seems like our current solution. Now we just need to find another superstar for the wing.

Pool will go above us today, but we climbed a place from 4th to 3rd and look to have gotten to a better place footballing-wise. Let’s keep the momentum up against Basel and go from there.

COYG!

Yeah people need to calm down a bit. Good win but West Ham were absolutely shocking, never mind the fact that their squad is ravaged with injuries and they essentially put out a B team with a ton of square pegs in round holes.

The tactical set up was flawed from the ground up, they made it too easy for Arsenal with all the space we had in the final third. When Ox is actually strolling into the box like nobody is there you and is actually putting in a decent performance have to say the opposition were just poor.

Also talk of rumors of a internal crisis at West Ham on and off the pitch with Bilic allegedly losing the dressing room and fans revolting over a range of issues. Pretty toxic environment atm

3 Likes

Yeah West Ham were shambles yesterday.
Let see if we can continue dominating other teams.

Yeah can only play the team in front of you as they say and the fact that we were still 1-0 up and WHU were starting to get their legs early in second half, it was one of those games that could have ended in absolute tragedy… and given the way we have been playing, I’ll take the scraps when they come - and that was a feast for the last 20 minutes or so.

We won’t dominate like that against other teams very often, but let’s enjoy it for a day or two :coq:

Its a good moral booster nonetheless . With city imploding and liverpool losing we are well positioned but we will need to be more ruthless and grab all three points when we play so called weaker opposition.
The best thing is with luck they will be relegated alongside leicester .

Although we won 5-1 i still dont think we were at our best. West Ham helped us as they were so poor compared to how good they were last season

Thought we were wasteful in the first half and a lot more clinical 2nd half when they tired a bit

Glad Ox got his goal and with him and Walcott playing wide the pace we have when going forward is frightening. So much better then when we have Ramsey slowing the play down

Cant say enough about Sanchez, thought he was superb and his 3rd goal was just excellent, although offside

Onwards and upwards to Basel and Stoke

1 Like