UEFA Champions League

Marquinhos shouldn’t have touched Suarez, it was quite stupid of him. However, the diving takes a little away from the performance IMO.

Still PSG really should have done better, absolutely shambolic to concede all of those goals towards the end of the game.

Emery’s fate may be sealed with this defeat, it’s quite fitting that PSG were in white because they well and truly surrendered.

2 Likes

Wenger to take over at PSG?

1 Like

Just saw Emery’s interview, I’ve gotta say he handled himself quite well.

He’s a relatively classy guy, well-spoken, seems to understand and analyse the game well, it’s why I thought he would be a good manager for Arsenal, but my god he seems to have been found wanting at PSG, I just cannot believe the approach today.

edit: should note, Emery said that the team seemed a bit scared, and that the plan was not at all to play as much on the back-foot as they did, but still, doesn’t really excuse the team’s performance on the pitch.

1 Like

He gets outpaced by Suarez. I don’t know how much that is really getting wrong side and poor defending when the ball goes on the opposite side to the keeper.

I just saw it aswell, and despite everything the man is absolute class.

Not sure any other manager in Europe would’ve reacted as well as he.

1 Like

You’d have to say the circumstances are ideal. Wenger with his reputation still guaranteed in his homeland. The fates couldn’t have handpicked a better opportunity to lever Wenger out of the club imo. I hope PSG appoint an interim and then push for him hard over the next two months

3 Likes

There you go againe being honest. You are such a stand up guy.

Looooool Tuchel, what a man.

2 Likes

All well and good having class but the result is shocking and plenty of it is down to him.

At this point I’d much rather have a prick that wins rather than the classy nice guy that is magnanimous in defeat.

1 Like

6 Likes

He’s speaking English and he calls it a “telly”. :heart_eyes:

Love that guy. :slight_smile:

Little bit more evidence tonight to add to the rather large file labelled “Suarez is a cunt”

6 Likes

How can he explain this to his kids??? So sad for him :disappointed:

4 Likes

pfftt, haters gonna hate.

Actually, the worst decision, that none of you are talking about @PPB, was not giving the penalty on di María which Mascherano has admitted was a foul.

The worst decision was the yellow on Neymar.
It should be a red.

That’s because they never actually showed a replay with the AA. I was waiting for them to show it but I guess we all know why they didn’t.

What’s the AA?

That’s a lot of conspiracy theory there for such a level headed austrian as yourself.

Truth be told since he’s moved to Barca I’ve pretty much just enjoyed him for his brilliance and don’t really care about his transgressions.

I just got mildly triggered by his “poor me” attitude the other day, and thought I’d get your attention tonight given your love of all things Suarez and diving related :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You’ve got some reading to catch up on :wink: :kissing_heart:

alternative angle

Didn’t Real Madrid just recently protest that they’ve been unfairly treated by the TV stations in how key decisions are being portrayed?

Di Maria completely missed his shot and then stayed down for a couple of seconds afterwards. It was clear that there was some kind of contact but I wasn’t sure if he maybe got something on the ball as the angle from above is quite awful in the Camp Nou and always has been. It’s just really hard to see anything if they don’t show that chance again at all for the remainder of the game.