UEFA Champions League

He got wrongside. The Neymar one was definitely a penalty. He did do it intelligently, he got wrongside of the defender in what should’ve been a simple to deal with direct action, and went down because he knew that he would give the referee and extremely difficult decision to make. It’s intelligent play as long as the current system is at is.

So on the one hand you want perfect decisions made by the referees but on the other you’re ok with players coning the referee to make wrong decisions.

This stance of yours just totally doesn’t make sense and never will.

4 Likes

Somebody go check this ref’s betting receipts.

1 Like

Any highlights on TV tonight?

Yes, I want technology because it takes this factor out of the game completely, there’s no point in diving when all penalties are decided by technology. Until then it’s good gamesmanship to take advantage of the current way football is officiated and played, no different than the kind of gamesmanship Keane or Vieira were lauded for.

It makes perfect sense, my stance, another question is if you can understand it or not.

ITV, 11.15pm.

:facepalm:

It was a troll.

3 Likes

This, I can’t disagree :slight_smile:

I am just too old school and not “cunning” as people nowadays (to win in all cost). I prefer playing the game fair and square.
Yes, Barcelona could have win this. They did not need the divings and undeserved penalties to win it. If PSG isn’t that good and not deserved to advance, then Barcelona please win this in a “deserved” way. Unfortunately, some just like to cheat (or doing this “intelligently” as you described) and take advantage on others.

Thanks pheebs :+1:

Ws not expecting that :hushed:

I smell a job swap :eyes:

Can we all chip in and book Wenger on the first flight to Paris??

Pretty honest decision from the vasco, totally deserved and correct decision. Clearly not good enough, honestly can’t even begin to understand his tactical approach tonight.

edit: ah fuck.

Good gamesmanship to take advantage of the referee not having the right angle to make the right decision. I knew I was going to regret this, so I’m just going to stop here.

And the defender getting himself in a risky position, don’t forget. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re a dick. When it comes to voting for mod of the year, I am not voting for you. Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

Why? When he made a shit decision was he eating a pie?

So defending is now getting in a risky position? Good to know.

What makes it even more silly is that on the second penalty the ball was going to the keeper and Suarez had no chance to catch it after it went past him.

Defending is defending, and doing what Suárez did is attacking as football is currently officiated. If the defender feels bad about the referee making the wrong decision, he should hope that he has attackers and plays for a club that insists enough attacking so to force such decisions. When you set up with such a frankly idiotic approach as Emery did you invite this kind of bad luck on yourself, defending that deep there are always going to be a number of sketchy decisions for the referee to make, and with football as it is and with clever players like Suárez and Neymar there’s always a good chance he gets one wrong as he did (the Neymar one was a clear penalty btw, no idea what people are on about there). PSG could’ve taken the game out of the referee’s hands not even by not parking the bus as much as they did, but by at least making some effort to hold on to the ball occasionally, instead their approach was just a really awful attempt at parking the bus Mourinho style, without really the counter-attacking part, against a team that is very easy to counter-attack against.

And yes, it was poor defending to get wrongside there, I don’t see how you can deny that…