UEFA Champions League 2016/17 1st Knockout Round Draw

Mustafi :kosc:

1 Like

Hummels: “Haha, We’re gonna piss it”

1 Like

One day we’ll surprise everyone and be good over 2 legs.

Just probably not this time.

Wonder who’ll get sent off? Exciting.

6 Likes

That would be us going out 3-2 agg not away goals. I can see it being cheap like a repeat of PSG. 1-1 there 2-2 Emirates.

3 Likes

I’ve really been shitting the bed with my mental arithmetics recently

4 Likes

Our record up there is actually not bad in recent seasons IIRC. Its stopping the away goals which is an issue with us.

I took like 5 double takes wondering if you were poking fun at your percentage mishap and were just waiting for some cunt to take the bait lmao.

I do agree with that tho, we always give ourselves way too much to do 2nd leg. Even last time we played our 2nd leg at Emirates we lost like 4 nil away in Milan. I’d take just about any solid result away in Germany with the hope that a decisive game at the Emirates could bring the fans to life. We never really have any great champions league magic in London because we’re always playing the decisive game away from home.

1 Like

2015-16
B. Munich 5-1 Arsenal (Nov 4, 2015)
Arsenal 2-0 B. Munich (Oct 20, 2015)

2013-14
B. Munich 1-1 Arsenal (Mar 11, 2014)
Arsenal 0-2 B. Munich (Feb 19, 2014)

2012-13
B. Munich 0-2 Arsenal (Mar 13, 2013)
Arsenal 1-3 B. Munich (Feb 19, 2013)

2004-05
Arsenal 1-0 B. Munich (Mar 9, 2005)
B. Munich 3-1 Arsenal (Feb 22, 2005)

2000-01
B. Munich 1-0 Arsenal (Mar 14, 2001)
Arsenal 2-2 B. Munich (Dec 5, 2000)

This is going to be the year we do them over. Give them hope in the first leg, then smash them 5-1 at home :wenger:

3 Likes

If this means what I think it means then
 lol. :arteta::ozil:

1 Like

New year new luck. This time you don’t have a 10 point lead in the league and something something

2 Likes

When UEFA isn’t secretly affiliated with mafiosos like Florentino

Not you again

1 Like

Twitter can be so helpful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

Well seeing as how we only play 2 different teams had we not won the group our other option was Barca. In that case I’ll take Bayern.

Phew, this thread had a LOT of replies tdoay.

Firstly, how boringly predictable for us to get Bayern AGAIN. It’s like UEFA don’t want to try mix things up for a change.

Anywho, I actually think this is a very ideal draw for us. Bayern will go into this tie as favourites, but unlike previous seasons, they’re not bossing it in the League, nor look unbeatable.

When we’re the underdogs we put out more of a performance and less likely to be complacent. After playing them so much in recent seasons, surely this has to be the moment to end this trend and do it over two legs?

For once, I don’t feel any particular dread in going up against them, I think it’ll be a very closely fought contest, where we have a realistic chance.

1 Like

Could be a very different picture in two months when the match actually happens. At the moment our form is pretty much exactly the same as theirs.

[quote=“shamrockgooner, post:157, topic:1001”]
Could be a very different picture in two months when the match actually happens. At the moment our form is pretty much exactly the same as theirs.
[/quote]Absolutely, a lot can change in two months, especially our lot :wilshere: For now, my moodset for this tie, is cautiously hopeful.

Yeah loads can change!

We could manage to go out of three competitions in a week like we’ve done in the past. All very encouraging :joy:

:rage: