Transfer window slamming shut discussion

They should either restrict the window to when the season starts or leave it open all the time, which is my preference. The January window is ridiculous and I’d like to think that it could limit agent power.

The only way we could have a window as good as all our rivals would be if there wasn’t a transfer window.

1 Like

Ornstein

The dates for the transfer window are to be debated at a Premier League shareholders meeting on Thursday, with sources indicating it will probably begin on July 27 and finish on October 5.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how quickly we get our business done and if the transfer targets Arteta has identified are with us for any pre season games we might have.

I don’t see much business being done by a lot of clubs, apart from the usual big spenders, so the length of the window won’t much difference to most of them anyway.

That would mean the window is still open during the UCL tournament? Can’t imagine Arsenal swiftly negotiating anything with Partey’s people while he’s still playing big games for Madrid.

Then again it’s hard to see Arsenal negotiating anything swiftly!

2 Likes

The Group Stage isn’t scheduled to start to October. Everything is fucked haha

1 Like

I meant this year’s tournament, so we could be negotiating for his services while he’s playing a semifinal with Madrid or something like that, but your point stands. It’s all a mess.

1 Like